shape
carat
color
clarity

40th Birthday gift ideas for dh???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
ARRRGH...dh''s 40th is NEXT WEEK!! i am not a good wife (busy with the little guy and work, i guess), and have totally procrastinated on getting him a good gift...and i''m TERRIBLE with gifts. not to mention that he is incredibly tough to shop for. thought i would pick the brains of the best sources of info that i know...my ps friends of course!

dh is a HUGE golfer, so anything golf related is good, i guess.
he also likes tech-ie type stuff.

the biggest problem for me is that if he wants something, he most always will buy it for himself!!

i''m thinking about a gift certificate for a weekend away or something (although that''s tough too because we''re still not really ready to leave our son yet).
for our wedding gift, i got him a GC to play pebble beach, which he loved.

i have already gotten him some random clothes, too, but what a boring gift for 40!!!

TIA!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about a nice watch? You could get it engraved, too. Most guys love watches and if he doesn''t already have one it could be good!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, since you have a little one at home I imagine you guys have been very busy being parents.
Is there anything your DH used to love to do, but hasn''t had time to do lately? If so, could you make it happen?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are both awesome...thanks for the ideas!!

unfortunately dh already has a nice watch (a 35th bday gift from his parents, i think).
ha ha on not doing what he enjoys any more. he has it soooo good. coby (my son), is the easiest baby of all time (except for sleeping at night...that''s another story), so most of the time, i''m happy to watch him and take him with me to do stuff. believe me, he has had PLENTY of time to play golf, etc.... !!! :)

see...i told you this would be hard!!!!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I bought mine a very expensive Italian coffee machine and grinder. Equally a present for me because he makes me fabulous coffee any time I want it.
31.gif

He probably has all the golf related hardware he wants/needs. My husband went to a residential golf clinic earlier this year (with my parents - also super keen golfers), it included games, clinics, overnight stay and dinner at the plush club. He loved it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure where you live, but hubby is a huge golfer. I bought him indoor golf lessons where they anaylize your swing etc... He was thrilled. A weekend way isn''t good for you at this point. But giving him some lessons, would be fun, and local.
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Does he have an iphone (if he wants one)?

New TV or BluRay player?

Sorry, it is hard shopping for DHs, isn''t it!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have a nightmare husband where gifts are concerned as well...

Some things I have found went down well:

- A set of Damascus Steel Steak Knives by Kai Shun
- Barbeque (I have an IOU on this as I want a Big Green Egg and they''re hard to get here)
- Really good digital camera
- Set of Mikimoto cufflinks
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
- An African Pygmy Hedgehog

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
you guys are good...(and funny, pandora--your dh sounds a lot like mine!).

i''m interested in the residential golf clinic idea...mishb...can you tell me where you sent your family? he might like something like that...
kaleigh, he already has a TON of golf lessons (we live in southern arizona, so he plays year round).

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 6:11:32 PM
Author: lover in athens
you guys are good...(and funny, pandora--your dh sounds a lot like mine!).

i''m interested in the residential golf clinic idea...mishb...can you tell me where you sent your family? he might like something like that...
kaleigh, he already has a TON of golf lessons (we live in southern arizona, so he plays year round).
I don''t think it will be much help, I live in Melbourne, Australia. Although he might really like a trip down here, Tiger says our sandbelt courses are some of the best in the world.

If the budget will swing to this, I think it would go down really well:

http://www.victoriagolf.com.au/contents/1356

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
DARN!!! i don''t think our 13mo old would do too well on the flight over...
6.gif
, but otherwise, we''d be there for sure. i spent a summer in melbourne (well, winter for you guys), and just had the best time ever. i would LOVE to go back!!

ok, back to square one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results