shape
carat
color
clarity

40 days left

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine, Little Miss Sunshine, and I are all getting married in 40 days. I''m not sure where they are in their planning, so I thought I''d check in. My brain stopped working, and I''m not sure what we (my FI and I) should be doing at this point.

When you had a month left to go, what did you concentrate on? We''re waiting to work on the placement cards until everyone RSVPs. We''re still waiting for quite a few reply cards still. Guests have 5 days left until we''ll call them and hound them for their cards.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to wish you some de-stressing Zoe (as well as Sabine and Little Miss Sunshine of course)!
1.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Zoe! You can do it!
Mmmm, with a month, we were thinking about music and the order of the day, logistical stuff. Like for the RD we used our ipod, so we put light music and then dance. DH vetted the toasts that our sisters and fathers gave, I was nervous about his dad, and he was rightly nervous about my sis. But the logistics, where is the sign in book going to go, who will hand out programs, what should ushers do, do you care who sits where, our aisle was a steep set of stairs so uncles stood on the sides... Every ceremony will be different and I''m not into getting it too scripted, I was once in a "full dress rehearsal" for a wedding, seemed a bit much...but with so much care going into it, you want the details to go perfectly. Also know that you can not do it all on the day of your wedding! A friend just had me set up her site and it was great fun having gone through that a week before, but I wasn''t always sure what she wanted, like the cool cocktail napkins she had goco''d facts about them on, did they go with the bar or the apps? Perhaps doing a runthrough of the day in your head, what details do you want to nail down...and ask loved ones to lighten the load. They would love to play a meaningful role in your special day.
Above all, know that it will be a wonderful day no matter what happens!

Oh, and go through your vendor contracts, we didn''t realize till sat night that we had to pay the band in cash or cashiers check, so we went to the ATM a couple of times and handed them a bag of $20s. It was sorta mobster. I should have picked up on that in the contract!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sarah and Swimmer!

I keep trying to run the day''s events through my head but I''m still having a hard time putting all the pieces together so they run smoothly. I know it will all come together in the end -- it''s just hard imagining it that way. I think I''ll call the wedding coordinators and our officiant and check in. Thank you very much for the tips Swimmer!

I hope everyone else who is close to their big day is doing well in their planning. Time''s ticking away -- it''s exciting!

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
Zoe- I have a bridal magazine that has a checklist of what you should do a month before would you like for me to post it?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:35:41 PM
Author: pichuchy21
Zoe- I have a bridal magazine that has a checklist of what you should do a month before would you like for me to post it?
Sure, thanks (but don''t feel you need to if it would be too time consuming). I check the Knot''s wedding checklist occasionalyl but it''s overwhelming. Maybe it''s just overwhelming because it has a bunch of things of it that I haven''t done yet. Huh. I should work on that.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great! Thank you so much!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling really overwhelmed at this point because I''ve been trying to get things done, but circumstances beyond my control are holding me back. I''ve been working on the programs, but that is stalled due to the fact that my one friend has very generously offered to make me a custom stamp and then emboss them, but she has been out of town. Plus, the church is stalling a bunch of stuff because they got a new music person, and we can''t pick the songs until we meet with them in early July
23.gif
. So I won''t be able to finish the insert of the program until then. I want to get seating charts and placecards done, but I''m also waiting on a TON of replies. I think I''ve ordered everything for the favors and will have to put those together, but I had to have everything shipped to my dad''s in Pittsburgh since I will be leaving for Pitts. in 2 weeks, so I can''t even get started on that. I need to have more fittings for my dress, but I can''t do that till I''m in Pitts. We need to get our marriage license, but FI is having trouble finding a day he can leave early to do so. Plus, the part I''m really worried about is packing EVERYTHING I need for my shower and bachelorette party, the rd, the wedding, and the honeymoon and remember to take it all to Pitts. since I won''t be back home before any of that. All I can say is thank goodness I only have 4.5 more days of school, and then I can focus totally on getting all this done!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll get it done Sabine. It will come together. I know I keep telling myself that. Wow, only 4 more days of school? Our last day is the 19th, but then I''m doing a two day workshop the week following.

To be honest, in my case, I kind of wish we had done a few things differently. I think I caved and ended up doing what was expected instead of what I truly wanted. Not to complain or anything, but it is a stressful time.

What''s with people not RSVPing? I''m not sure when you asked your guests to reply by, but we asked ours to send their cards back to my parents by the 7th. We still have a lot of people who haven''t done so. Same thing for the RD. That date is the 10th and most of my FI''s family hasn''t said whether or not they''re coming. I know there''s still time, but it just annoys me that people wait until the very last minute to check and box and put the card in the mail. We''ve already done the work for them. It''s not hard.

Boy, sorry for the vent. I feel so bad that I''m focusing on the wedding and not the marriage. Does that make sense?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Zoe,

Phew! I''m at 48 days myself, and I''m in a near panic about what still isn''t done! Those checklists just don''t seem to work for me, they just make me stress more!

I am done with school next Friday, thank goodness, but with trying to move, too, I''m feeling extremely overwhelmed. I''m sure we''ll all get it together between now and our weddings, but it sure is hard!

Hang in there and try not to stress too much!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Harleigh!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I replied with such a vent! I know we will all pull it together and our weddings will be wonderful, but this really is crunch time, huh?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 8:01:13 PM
Author: Sabine
Sorry I replied with such a vent! I know we will all pull it together and our weddings will be wonderful, but this really is crunch time, huh?

Yeah, I did that too. Crunch time...definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results