shape
carat
color
clarity

4.02ct I VS2 Cushion

sbillertpa

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just purchased a 4.02ct I VS2 Cushion as an upgrade from my wife’s current 2.07ct I VS1 Cushion. I would love to get some feedback from some of the experts on PriceScope.

Here is the video of the diamond (on the left).

My wife hates the crushed ice look. We are having the diamond set in a custom simple solitaire setting from Vatche. Budget was approximately $30K + $17K (Trade-In) = $48K.

Thank you for your feedback!
~Sam

17962_gia.jpg IMG_0458.jpeg IMG_0457.jpeg IMG_0456.jpeg IMG_0455.jpeg IMG_0454.jpeg

sbillertpa

Rough_Rock
#1 and #2 are very impressive.
#3 is meh.

Excellent... we agree. We were really considering the 5ct because it’s stellar but was a bit above the budget — $20K more.

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Triple agree. Depends on the budget you want. The 4.02 is a very nice stone. I would consider the mm size difference in between the two. It's probably not that large. When you consider the size difference in mm and convery to a percentage of total size with both, you can figure out for x percentage size bigger, it is 20k or do percentage of percentages.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the three, and within your budget, I would have chosen the left one too. I don't know much about cushions. Are there any that don't have the deadness in the center?

sbillertpa

Rough_Rock
Triple agree. Depends on the budget you want. The 4.02 is a very nice stone. I would consider the mm size difference in between the two. It's probably not that large. When you consider the size difference in mm and convery to a percentage of total size with both, you can figure out for x percentage size bigger, it is 20k or do percentage of percentages.

Good suggestion. The other consideration was the length to width ratio. The 4.02 was almost a perfect ratio at 1.01 while the 5ct was a bit longer. I like the percentage idea. I didn’t actually calculate the exact differences but I remember looking at the size difference when we were make the decision.

sbillertpa

Rough_Rock
Of the three, and within your budget, I would have chosen the left one too. I don't know much about cushions. Are there any that don't have the deadness in the center?

I’m not sure. I understand the question about the locations in the center of the stone that absorb light. It seems to be a common characteristic of cushions that don’t have the crushed ice look.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor light selection by GOG. (Spot lighting and strong spot lighting only).

GOG should provide a comparison video in diffused lighting and day light.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
She’s a very lucky lady!!! I also like the far left one. Beautiful. Please post pictures when it’s set!

sbillertpa

Rough_Rock
Do you have a picture of her 2 carat cushion? That’s a nice upgrade to 4 carats!

It’s funny... I don‘t seem to have any good pictures of her old diamond. I know I took a bunch when I first purchased it in 2014. I do have a copy of the GIA and a couple of pictures from Good Old Gold.
GIA 2ct GOG.png IMG_0463.jpeg megascope.jpeg aset.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a beautiful stone and a great size! Love #2 also but yeah, budgets are a killjoy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. Yes, #2 is also beautiful but budgets are a consideration and the one on the left is no slouch. It looks beautiful to me and a great size.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to your wife for such an amazing upgrade! You did a great job picking a gorgeous stone.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few initial pictures. Good Old Gold is a little concerned about the safety of the diamond with the current prong width so they are asking Vatche to beef them up a little bit.

64FFEEAA-9779-4741-866D-35D6503A4436.jpeg

72063B25-96C5-4FCB-ADFA-E3A154E32C0F.jpeg

93E00A15-2F02-40F0-AABE-0DC39F2521B4.jpeg
It’s beautiful and what an upgrade! Congrats to your wife! Agree about the setting. I’d be so afraid to just knock out the entire head if it hits anything. Glad they’re sending it to get “ beefed” up. Please post pics when you get the ring.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful and what an upgrade! Congrats to your wife! Agree about the setting. I’d be so afraid to just knock out the entire head if it hits anything. Glad they’re sending it to get “ beefed” up. Please post pics when you get the ring.

Same. I almost didn't say it. But I will echo that. I would ask them about the head.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Really beautiful! Glad they are beefing the prongs up for you!

sbillertpa

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicole... I didn't make it clear that the ring model was just an employee at Good Old Gold... my wife can't wait to get her hands on the ring here in Florida but it'll be another few days since Vatche will be making changes (in the New York area).

Last edited:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I love a great big cushion!!!! Way to go!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning upgrade and this is a beautiful, beautiful cushion!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Beautiful diamond - definitely the best of the three.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow. That is stunning.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a great choice! It's going to look fantastic on her hand.

asterismdispersion

Shiny_Rock
That's a lovely diamond ring! Great cushion cut and classic setting. Looking forward to your enjoyment of it for many years to come.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results