shape
carat
color
clarity

Trade In Value, Really...Eternity Band for EC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
I have a white gold and diamond eternity band, 2.13 cts., all stones H color and SI 1 clarity, that I''d like to consider my boyfriend and I using as a trade in for 2.00 ct. F to H, IF to VVS2 Emerald Step cut engagement ring in a simple platinum setting. My appraised value for this eternity ring is: $8,300.00. What can we, realistically, expect as trade in value for this upcoming $10 to $14K ring? Is it even worth the trouble to consider a trade in for this purchase? Thanks, in advance, for your valuable opinions...
37.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the vendor you purchased the eternity ring from have a trade in policy? Some vendors have restocking fees - some will offer trade ins for up to a certain percentage of the price - some require that you double your initial purchase - and some don''t offer trade in policies at all. That would be the first thing you need to check out! Good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely suggest trying to go through the vendor that sold you the ring. This would provide the greatest return for you, I''m afraid. Other vendors *might* take it as a trade in or resell, but you''re not going to get anywhere close to what you paid for it...maybe not even close to half of what you paid for it. Nature of the beast.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two carat emerald cuts (AGS or GIA certified) with your qualifications start at about $14,000 and go up to around $26,000 according to the seach here. Just FYI.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I was just going to say that - my 1.7c EC''s cost was close to the high number you gave- if you want a 2ct with those specs, you are looking closer to 20G if not a little more...

ndnyhagen

Rough_Rock
All, I think that I was really looking more for information on appraised values vs. actual trade in values. My wonderful jeweler does have a trade in and upgrade policy. On the off-chance, however, that my boyfriend happens to find a bit better deal elsewhere, I''d just like to have some idea about what an eternity ring of this value might trade for. The 2.00ct EC is on my all-time wish list. Reality will most likely mandate something more in the lines of 1.75 to 1.99 ct., however. Unless my eternity ring garners a good trade in price...well, then....
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 8:03:31 PM
Author:ndnyhagen
I have a white gold and diamond eternity band, 2.13 cts., all stones H color and SI 1 clarity, that I''d like to consider my boyfriend and I using as a trade in for 2.00 ct. F to H, IF to VVS2 Emerald Step cut engagement ring in a simple platinum setting. My appraised value for this eternity ring is: $8,300.00. What can we, realistically, expect as trade in value for this upcoming $10 to $14K ring? Is it even worth the trouble to consider a trade in for this purchase? Thanks, in advance, for your valuable opinions...
37.gif
to be honest, i think
20.gif
you would be lucky to get $4000 for the eternity ring.keep the band and just buy the EC.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results