shape
carat
color
clarity

Pennsylvania Diamond Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone here every worked with Pennsyvania Diamond Exchange? They seem to have some pretty fantastic deals... Like this one 3.02 I/SI2 13, 590$ which scored a 1.9 on the HCA.

NEdiamondguy

Rough_Rock
I have never dealt with this company, so I can only speak from my own experiences. The one great axiom that I preach every day in my store is this:

There is ALWAYS a reason for the price.

If you have personally inspected this diamond and I mean with a binocular microscope (not a loupe unless you are trained), and everything seems on the up and up, then I suppose why not if you like the stone?

Otherwise, when stores that sell to the public represent themselves as an "exchange," "warehouse," "Wholesaler," etc. they either are getting legitimate jeweler''s rejected stones or are not disclosing something.

Think of it this way. If you are a stone cutter with a fine quality stone that is worth $10000 wholesale, w would you sell it for $8000? $6000? $5000? I wouldn''t think so, because you know it''s worth more because of fine make, high clarity or some other factor.

Be careful and really make sure you know what you are getting.
emvamp.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 5:28:01 PM
Author: NEdiamondguy
I have never dealt with this company, so I can only speak from my own experiences. The one great axiom that I preach every day in my store is this:

There is ALWAYS a reason for the price.
I do not disagree, which is why I was wondering if anyone had worked with them. Or if anyone had heard anything about them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It drives me nuts when jewelers call themselves wholesle to the public or similar, we have discussed that on here in the past. For me if a jeweler says that about themselves, regardless of what they carry, they lose alot of credibility. I have seen one online vendor that carries good quality stones, that has said this about themselves from time to time, and I just shake my head.

ETA in checking out that stone, it's a 60/60 so it's not a technical ideal, and there is no hint of arrows in the head on picture, kind of scary for me...but then again I'm an arrow loving picky number girl. hehee.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Eh it would not be my cup of tea either. I tend to max out at about 1.5 on my hand...anything bigger then that just I dunno is not for me. But I am always on the look out for new places to browse and perhaps buy something.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This firm is primarily a diamond wholesale dealer. They are located accross the street from me. They don''t sell retail at their office, but have a large e-bay presence. They obviously sell retail to consumers in other than B&M styles. Can''t say I recommend or don''t recommend them. We have no major relationship and can definitely do objective work on any items people may wish to consider buying.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 5:28:01 PM
Author: NEdiamondguy

Otherwise, when stores that sell to the public represent themselves as an ''exchange,'' ''warehouse,'' ''Wholesaler,'' etc. they either are getting legitimate jeweler''s rejected stones or are not disclosing something.

emvamp.gif

I wonder if this sort of generalization is wise.

Johan

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s not really ideal, but I could like a nice 60/60 as long as the symmetry is excellent. Also, the EGL cert does not look like a USA -- no polish/symmetry. That puts my antenae up. I''m all for a good deal, but something seems way off here.
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are right in jewelers row as Oldminer said. Would I buy from them??? No.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results