shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom rings & engagement story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Economan7

Rough_Rock
First, I would like to say thank you for the informal education I''ve received as a long-time lurker on this forum. Because I suspect some of you enjoy seeing rings and hearing engagement stories, I decided I should post mine as a contribution to this great cause.

So, on with the engagement. From the very first moment I met Jennifer two years ago, I knew I was going to marry her. I looked into a number of dramatic approaches (such as hiring a skywriter above Central Park), but since she loves to collect memorabilia from the things we''ve done together, I thought I should propose to her in a way that would also provide her with a keepsake. Accordingly, we got dressed up and went to dinner in a fine French restaurant here in NYC, and I brought along a present wrapped in pink paper. After eating the main course, I gave her the present - a Bridal Barbie doll with the engagement ring wrapped around its neck like choker. I said a few words, took a knee, and popped the question. She said yes. A picture of the Barbie is attached. We then enjoyed a carriage ride through Central Park.
ering-barbie.jpg

Now about the rings. I found the perfect 3.2 carat round brilliant ideal-cut diamond (SI2/G), then searched endlessly for a setting that would do it justice. After pouring through thousands of settings, I hadn’t found anything I liked. Plus, I started thinking about how much Jennifer likes pink. After I sketched out rings with one diamond and two pink sapphires on each side, I worked with Jerry and Isaac at Facets/Signed Pieces to create the rings you see below. The band required two diamonds in the center position to match up against the ering center. Fantastic workmanship all around. Apparently, Jennifer has been a bit distracted from accomplishing much of anything, as she tends to stare at her ring for extended periods of time. Again, thank you all for your subtle, unbidden help.
eringset1.jpg

ering2.jpg

ering-hand.jpg

ering-toe.jpg

ering-barbie.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
The other pictures didn''t show up but the one on the wedding doll looks amazing!
9.gif

We need bigger pictures pleaseeeeeee.
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i can''t see the pics either...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures do not show because they were linked from your computer, not a website. To cure that, you need to post them one per post by uploading. (use the ''Attach File'' button on the top left of the posting window) :)

Can''t wait!

Economan7

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the assistance. Let''s try this again....

eringset1.jpg

Economan7

Rough_Rock
And another

ering4.jpg

Economan7

Rough_Rock
And on her lovely hand....

ering-hand.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!! congrats on the engagement and such a stunning and different ring!!

Economan7

Rough_Rock
And on her toe, just for fun....

ering-toe.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Yep! looks like she Loooves pink!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and different ring. I love the pink.
Congrats on the engagement!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s an amazing ring. And she has beautiful hands!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Eco!
35.gif
I''m glad you finally decided to post and share. That''s a beautiful ring! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Congrats on the engagement.
36.gif
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
what a fun proposal story!! barbie doll was a very happy girl for a few hours before you FI got the ring!
9.gif
9.gif

the ring is stunning - love the pink too - yum!!
18.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Aren''t you a doll!? (ha-ha, punny).
What a great engagement story, and I love the rings. Very unique and beautiful.
Let''s see....pink nails, toenails, shoes...it does seem that she is fond of pink.
9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is a gorgeous wedding set!! I love the pink sapphires (it''s my birthstone)!! Congrats!!
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Also, could you please post more pics of that ring (pretty please)?!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the proposal story and of course love the rings. SP did a great job, congrats!!!
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!! I LOVE THE PINK!!! I LOVE THE PINK!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!
(love those pink shoes)

That ring is so beautiful. I love the pink accents. What a great idea.

Very romantic proposal. And that stoneis amazing.
emsmilep.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a beautiful set. I LOVE the pink. It looks just gorgeous on her hand. What a great use of color and a lovely proposal. What restaurant did you go to? Congratulations!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!! It looks great on her hand.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Gorgeous!
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on you engagment! It looks like you choose the perfect ring for your lady.

kalela

Rough_Rock
That was an absolute creative way to propose. I loved that stor & the ring--now that is EYE CANDY! Congratulations on your engagement!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wait...I''ve just thought of something. Did she have to pull Barbies head off to get to the rings?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty combination! Love the Barbie idea hehe! Looks humongous on her!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring for a beautiful hand. Wow, you did extremely well on that choice. I love the pink too. Congrats and best wishes.

Shay

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Love the combination of the pink and the diamonds!!

Congratulations!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring! Definitely goes down as one of my favorites! Sounds like you should celebrate with some pink champagne!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results