shape
carat
color
clarity

bezel set ruby???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I am just beginning researching for my custom ring. I have yet to get my stone, but we are working on it. I want a 2.5-2.75 ct ruby. I want the stone to be set on a thin pave shank with a halo around it. I just dont know much about settings. Do I wantit bezel set or prong set above the halo? do either of these affect the ability to wear a band flush with this. I''m not sure if I understand them completely.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, msflutter...welcome.

As I''m sure you''ve figured out there''s tons of information and pictures on this site for ideas. Check out some of of the "Show Me the Ring!" threads, and perhaps do a search using the term: "flush"...

I found these rings at www.precisionset.com, so obviously flush fitting wedding sets with haloed centerstones is possible.

If you don''t get too many responses here, you might try reposting your inquiry over in the diamond fora...hangout or rockytalky.
1.gif

BTW I think it''s just great you''re planning on getting a ruby for your engagement ring!
18.gif

Good luck!
widget

untitledku.jpg

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
msflutter,
I think that it''s a personal choice. If I was going to be wearing it I think that I''d opt for the stone to be prong set so that the prongs held the stone just high enough for the girdle to be showing. Particularly with a stone with fairly high clarity and a crown of decent height, you can get some really nice color from the side of the stone and girdle area, whereas if it''s set into a bezel you will ony be able to see that color from the top. Since a ruby is quite durable, there is no reason to try to protect the girdle with a bezel as you might with a softer stone. I love rubies, make sure to post pictures when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results