shape
carat
color
clarity

30 Day Shred- Results?

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
So how did all of you ladies that were doing the 30 Day Shred make out? I just purchased the DVD and wanted to see what you all thought of it and how you made out. Did you find it easy to stick to? Did you follow through to the full 30 days? I would love to hear all of your feedback and comments.
2.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, nobody?
33.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I guess I''ll bite .. I (predictably) got bored, and didn''t finish 30 days of The Shred.

I fell off the work-out wagon, completely.

I suck
7.gif

41.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
lol Awww, you made me giggle! You don''t suck, it really is hard to stick to something like this. Thanks for sharing .
1.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I epically failed after my downstairs neighbor decided to complain to the Condo Association about me "shaking her ceiling fan" and threatened to call the cops the next time she heard me exercising.

I still do it on Wednesdays when I work from home and I know she''s not there, though!
11.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
vc! How dare you try and stay in shape!
2.gif
You should have told your condo association they should have used better materials when building so that you can exercise in your home!

I''m interested to see how this goes. Its pretty sad, but I hear 30ds is tough, it scares me! I''m hoping to hear some good stories so I can get the courage to do it. I run 4x a week, I dont know what my problem is!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 3:30:38 PM
Author: missjaxon
lol Awww, you made me giggle! You don''t suck, it really is hard to stick to something like this. Thanks for sharing .
1.gif
Thanks!

I get really bored with repetitive workouts .. I prefer to play a sport or something similar for exercise. (Not that that ever happens either ..)

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well I did the 30 days and noticed a huge difference in my muscles, not so much in measurements. I ate way too much... so now I am working on the diet! But overall I got really tight and toned and have never looked better, even at 10 lbs more than I normally weigh.

I didn''t have trouble staying with it as I am very determined once I start something. There was some muscle soreness on the first few days of each level, but I find that it''s better not to skip a day and that the next days workout helps with it somehow.

Good luck! Keep us updated on your results
36.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2010 6:49:50 PM
Author: shimmer
Well I did the 30 days and noticed a huge difference in my muscles, not so much in measurements. I ate way too much... so now I am working on the diet! But overall I got really tight and toned and have never looked better, even at 10 lbs more than I normally weigh.

I didn''t have trouble staying with it as I am very determined once I start something. There was some muscle soreness on the first few days of each level, but I find that it''s better not to skip a day and that the next days workout helps with it somehow.

36.gif
Thanks for sharing. It is nice to hear that it works.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 6:49:50 PM
Author: shimmer

36.gif

Thanks for sharing! I just got the DVD in the mail and will be starting it on Monday, I just have to run to Wal-Mart and get an exercise mat. I am excited to try it out after reading your post. I know it can be hard but I really am hoping to get toned for my wedding dress, so hopefully it will help.
1.gif

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Sooo, three words: THE DRESS FIT!!! Actually, it was two inches too big! This was encouraging as had only lost like 5 lbs and was horrified that dress wouldn''t fit.

Let me further explain what I mean by horrified: waking up in middle of night at 2AM and needing sleeping pill to get back to sleep 2 hrs later after checking pricescope and deliberating about posting yet another whiny, complaining post about my weight issues but then deciding that everyone was sick of hearing about it.

THE DRESS FITS! Hallelujah (sp)!

To be honest, I didn''t do 30 days straight, but I did work out approx 5 days of the week. I will say that I don''t think that DVD does quite the same thing that Billy''s Bootcamp does for me and towards the end of all my freaking out, I had to go back to my buddy, Billy.

The other thing I didn''t like about Shred was that my ankles hurt and this was something I''d never experienced before, so...that got annoying. But yeah, I think there were some results, Jillian (and Billy) or Billy (and Jillian) definitely got me down in inches!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
it totally works, you just have to be more consistent than me...
20.gif
...but it''s a decent work out in hardly any time.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
I just finished workout number 1 and I would be totally lying if I said I don''t feel like I am going to die! lol There were times in the workout where I had to stop and take a breath and then get back to it. All in all I feel like it was a great workout, now the key will be sticking to it! beadchick I am so excited to hear your dress fit! I am really using this workout to tone up and hoping I look my best in my dress. Bella_mezzo I think it will work too! I am going to have to try really hard to stick with it!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m going to start the 30DS in a couple weeks. I originally signed up to participate with all the gals in that thread here, but life got in the way and I forgot all about it. My wedding is nine weeks from today, yikes! So I''ll probably do it so I finish the program a week or two before the big day. I''m really nervous!!!

Way to go on starting the program today missjaxon! You''ll have to keep us updated! I use motivational running quotes to keep myself exercising when I really don''t feel like it. One that works is: "Running is that question that asks ''are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?''" The other is: "Your slowest pace is still faster than sitting on the couch." I''m sure they can be altered to motivate myself when I start the shred!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Good idea for a check in missjaxon! I''m curious to hear how others did as well. I started late, was consistent for two weeks. Was motivated enough to buy weights, another 3 dvds because I was getting bored with her and then came down with a horrible cough-like three weeks worth of spending my nights coughing instead of sleeping and had to stop working out altogther.

This morning I woke up and said to my df "so, I think I''m definitely well enough to start working out again, do you think I should? Or just take a shower?" Well...he refused to answer and I just went and took a shower...but I was feeling pretty lame about it afterwards.

Over all, having tried three of the 4 dvd''s including 30ds, I think that hers is the most concise in terms of max output of energy in the shortest period of time. The others are 40-60+min long and I don''t feel like i''ve done as much by the end.

I would like to start the 30ds over since so far, I''ve lost ZERO weight of my 10 lb goal. I think I did notice being more toned and was impressed by the cardio improvement that was happening with 30ds.

I''m not sure if you are already running 4 days a week that it will be as drastic a change for you.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Beadchick-CONGRATULATIONS! Well done. Hopefully you can get back to sleeping now
2.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I keep meaning to do the shred but I''m afraid! I have loads of time so i''m optimistic. The wedding isn''t til the beginning of March and I would love to lose about 30 pounds or so. Of course I would really love to lose more than that but i''m trying to be realistic. The real problem will be getting me to stay away from all of the yummy bar food in my college town. YUM
11.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 4:41:52 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
I think I''m going to start the 30DS in a couple weeks. I originally signed up to participate with all the gals in that thread here, but life got in the way and I forgot all about it. My wedding is nine weeks from today, yikes! So I''ll probably do it so I finish the program a week or two before the big day. I''m really nervous!!!

Way to go on starting the program today missjaxon! You''ll have to keep us updated! I use motivational running quotes to keep myself exercising when I really don''t feel like it. One that works is: ''Running is that question that asks ''are you going to be a wimp, or are you going to be strong today?'''' The other is: ''Your slowest pace is still faster than sitting on the couch.'' I''m sure they can be altered to motivate myself when I start the shred!

Thanks for sharing these quotes!! They are very inspirational, and I will keep them in mind for sure!!
1.gif
Best of luck on the next few weeks before your wedding! If you do it come back and let us know how it goes, I can use all the support and inspiration I can get! I am usually not great at keeping to a fitness routine (hence the need for one
38.gif
lol )

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 5:00:36 PM
Author: mayachel
Good idea for a check in missjaxon! I''m curious to hear how others did as well. I started late, was consistent for two weeks. Was motivated enough to buy weights, another 3 dvds because I was getting bored with her and then came down with a horrible cough-like three weeks worth of spending my nights coughing instead of sleeping and had to stop working out altogther.

This morning I woke up and said to my df ''so, I think I''m definitely well enough to start working out again, do you think I should? Or just take a shower?'' Well...he refused to answer and I just went and took a shower...but I was feeling pretty lame about it afterwards.

Over all, having tried three of the 4 dvd''s including 30ds, I think that hers is the most concise in terms of max output of energy in the shortest period of time. The others are 40-60+min long and I don''t feel like i''ve done as much by the end.

I would like to start the 30ds over since so far, I''ve lost ZERO weight of my 10 lb goal. I think I did notice being more toned and was impressed by the cardio improvement that was happening with 30ds.

I''m not sure if you are already running 4 days a week that it will be as drastic a change for you.

haha I seriously LOL''d at this part! hahaha Too cute, and so totally something I would do, which I why I need my butt literally kicked to stick with this or I will be one sad bride!
32.gif
I have so far only done the workout once and am about to go do day 2 right after I finish "getting ready" aka being on PS! lol
14.gif
, but I definitely feel like I have worked out after the 20 mins, more so then I have in the past after 1 hour. I am also doing 30 mins a day on the elliptical trainer and slowly working my way up to an hour. I don''t want to be too ambitious off the start because it has only proven that I burn out in the past. I am very optimistic about this program, I even talked my sister into doing it with me.
9.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 10:30:26 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
I keep meaning to do the shred but I''m afraid! I have loads of time so i''m optimistic. The wedding isn''t til the beginning of March and I would love to lose about 30 pounds or so. Of course I would really love to lose more than that but i''m trying to be realistic. The real problem will be getting me to stay away from all of the yummy bar food in my college town. YUM
11.gif

lol I am with you girl! My biggest issue is getting my meals on track, but it is soooo easy to eat the yummy fattening foods!!
11.gif
My wedding isn''t until October, but I feel like I have been putting off this weight loss issue for too long! Best of luck to you and until you start your weight loss enjoy some of that yummy bar food for ME!!
11.gif
27.gif
14.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Epic fail. I made it for more than two weeks, then Easter hit, final exams and papers and forget it. Congrats to all of you who made it for all 30 days, or even nearly 30 days!

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 11:14:42 PM
Author: megumic
Epic fail. I made it for more than two weeks, then Easter hit, final exams and papers and forget it. Congrats to all of you who made it for all 30 days, or even nearly 30 days!

Wow, two weeks is still great! I am on day 3 and I think I am already noticing a difference. I can actually make it thru all of the intervals without wanting to scream and pass out, haha so that is progress. Did you notice a difference after 2 weeks megumic? At this point I am not sure how any one does levels 2 & 3 !!
14.gif
I feel like a major suck, but I can feel myself getting stronger too!
9.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I have that DVD.. *shakes of dust*
3.gif

I did it once, and I felt like I was going to DIE.. I am much more of a brisk walk to a treadmill kind of girl..
1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I''m halfway in and have lost 6 lbs :) I''m still truckin on. I joined a site called sparkpeople.com that is basically like the facebook for fitness lol and found a couple ladies on there who are also doing the 30 days with me :)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
LOL @ Dannielle! Too funny, I agree with you though my first day with her I could only do parts of each interval and I felt like DEATH!
14.gif

Smurfyimproved are you noticing it getting easier? Have you moved on to level 2? I just finished day 4 and I really have noticed a difference in my strength and endurance after just 4 days, I am shocked. I am going to do a weigh in and measure on day 10 before I move on to level 2, so far I am very impressed with this workout.
19.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I am on level 2 and definitely notice it getting easier each time. Another thing that helps me is to mute the dvd and put on some good tunes to work out to :)

Also I haven''t done it consistently every day, sometimes I am just SO sore that I take a day or 2 off and then get back on the horse and am usually able to do more and more reps. Although I will admit I still don''t do full on push ups lol, Im a wuss

brandithib

Rough_Rock
I did all 30 days; it helps that I did it with a friend who has better self discipline than I do. I didn''t change my diet but I definitely drank more water than usual. After 30 days, I feel much more toned. Although I''ve only lost 6 lbs, I''ve definitely shrunk... a whole 2 inches in my waist! Stick with it; Day 30 feels like such an accomplishment and I just feel better in general.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2010 4:01:15 PM
Author: brandithib
I did all 30 days; it helps that I did it with a friend who has better self discipline than I do. I didn''t change my diet but I definitely drank more water than usual. After 30 days, I feel much more toned. Although I''ve only lost 6 lbs, I''ve definitely shrunk... a whole 2 inches in my waist! Stick with it; Day 30 feels like such an accomplishment and I just feel better in general.

I agree, doing it with somebody else is a lot easier! I did 2 days alone and now my sister is doing it with me and I feel more dedicated, but it also feels better to have someone to complain with haha. That is wonderful that you lost 2 inches! Thank you for the encouragement, today is day 7 and I am staying strong (even when I physically feel weak!
14.gif
) lol

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I totally missed this thread, until now. This is awesome! I didn''t think I could handle the 30DS when everyone first started. I was going to the gym 5 times a week. However, between my late hours at work and all the wedding planning taking up all my time, I haven''t been in over a month. While at Shopko waiting for my prescriptions, I stumbled upon the dvd. So I picked it up thinking, 20 minutes a day, even if only 4 or 5 days a week. I will get somewhere with it. And I have 35 days until my wedding.

I am glad to hear people are seeing results, even if it isn''t as much as the dvd promises. H and I are going to start tomorrow I think. Thanks MissJ for this thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results