shape
carat
color
clarity

.30 cttw diamond stud earrings

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a pair of diamonds to set as earrings. It's my first time looking for diamond earrings and I have educated myself a bit on specs etc. These are going to be small, in the .30cttw range, so I thought that down to a J color would be okay and also SI1 as the lowest clarity would also be fine.

I just need help selecting a vendor and also with choosing a pair of diamonds... I was looking at Whiteflash and Brian Gavin. I have never purchased anything from either of these places but I know that they are well talked about on here generally and also they have very well cut diamonds. Is there a reason to go with one over the other? I'm just kind of lost since there are so many options on either site too, as far as the selection goes.

I did speak with Becca at WF and she showed me this pair

I peaked around the BG website and did chat with someone and they said they would use BG signature F/G VS H&A melee. They don't have a link to show me the actual diamonds I would be receiving because they are certified goods. She said the price would be $490. I was going to look more on the website myself though.

So I'm a little confused lol :think: I'm just trying to make sure I get a super sparkly nice set for the best value!
I'm just lost and overwhelmed! Any help on the vendor selection and also diamond choices would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post is a bit everywhere!

Q

Queenie60

I would suggest Whiteflash as they have a great trade up policy. And you will receive a very sparkly pair.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
If preloved is an option check out loupetroop , saw a listing

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just check you are comparing like with like as far as weight is concerned, the BG quote is for 0.3 carat TOTAL weight, I expect, if they are using melee ie uncertified smaller stones, whereas your WF stones are over 0.6 carat total. I’d ask WF to quote for the smaller sizes too.

WF have preset studs with H-I SI1 stones, 0.25cttw are $450.

xjsbellamias13

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I would rather go with WF out of the two.

Quick question, for earrings at a smaller size, do you think that mrb is better than oec? I want maximum sparkle at a small size so I’m not sure if an oec would show off as well... thoughts?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The larger facets of an oec probably won’t be appreciable in at 0.15 ct stone. That said, you should get what you love.

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
At that size I don't think it's worth paying a premium for a branded stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results