shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Out of 6 Diamonds are GLOWING IN BLACKLIGHT! Help!! Are they fake?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seraphin

Rough_Rock
Yes i was at a club and my girlfriends Diamond ring with 6 diamonds in it, 3 of them wer glowing under the blacklights there. Is there another explanation for this , I think they are cubics but I''d like a professional opinion! Thank you anyone and PLEASE reply soon, she''s freakin!

-Seraphin

shurikt

Rough_Rock
Just because they "glow" in black light doesn't mean they're fake. It's pretty common (20%?) and referred to as "flourescence". Have your friend think of it as an extra special feature of those three diamonds..

Check out this link for more info:

https://www.pricescope.com/tutor_fluor.asp

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
A diamond with fluorescence may look like this under black lighting.

Kirk

p_fluo.jpg

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
shurikt,
At one time GIA said about 35%, just giving you an update.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
If they were glowing blue that's an indication that they are in all likelihood NOT cubic zirconia and are almost certain to be real diamonds. I've read that one of the ways to tell a real diamond is to see if it fluoresces blue. Obviously many (or most, I guess 65+%) real diamonds will not fluoresce at all, but I've NEVER heard of a blue fluorescing CZ. Several of my diamonds fluoresce blue and I have one that fluoresces a yellowish color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results