shape
carat
color
clarity

3 more officers killed..... Beyond Sad

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three more police officers killed in Baton Rouge. What a sad world we are living in. Violence is never the answer.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fear our flag will never fly at full staff again. ;( So much hatred.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has been such a violent, ugly summer in our nation but the happenings around the entire world are just so heartbreaking.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read of many supportive tweets from people one might expect to support the Baton Rouge police: The Dallas police chief; the Secret Service; and President Obama. I was pleased that Black Lives Matter had also lent support as well:

"DeRay Mckesson, one of the best known voices for the Black Lives Matter movement, and who was arrested at a demonstration in Baton Rouge, La., earlier this month, called for peace in a phone interview after news of the shooting broke on Sunday.

'I’m waiting for more information like everybody else,' he said. 'I have more questions than answers'

'The movement began as a call to end violence. That call remains.'

Mr. Mckesson and several others traveled to Baton Rouge to protest the death of Alton Sterling, who was fatally shot by the police on July 5. The authorities arrested more than 100 people in connection with a protest outside the city’s Police Headquarters, charging most of them with obstructing the road. Eight firearms were confiscated and one officer lost several teeth after he was struck by a projectile, the police said.

'My prayers are with the victims of all violence,' Mr. Mckesson said Sunday."

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some news sources are reporting that a witness has stated that men were shooting at each other in a parking lot before the police arrived and that this wasn't a planned attack against police but casualties resulting from the already in process gun fight. We'll just have to wait and see as more info is gathered.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1468783188|4056391 said:
Some news sources are reporting that a witness has stated that men were shooting at each other in a parking lot before the police arrived and that this wasn't a planned attack against police but casualties resulting from the already in process gun fight. We'll just have to wait and see as more info is gathered.

We will have to wait and see but the bolded is a good way to get lots of cops coming so you can pick them off. I am sad again this morning for more blue families.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1468783433|4056392 said:
Matata|1468783188|4056391 said:

We will have to wait and see but the bolded is a good way to get lots of cops coming so you can pick them off. I am sad again this morning for more blue families.

This is beginning to seem like Dallas all over again. At first the reports were of four men, now it appears that there was just one man and he was a veteran of the US armed forces and a veteran of a foreign war again. Last time the gunman had been in Afghanistan. This time he had seen action as a marine in Iraq. Could it be any more tragic?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results