shape
carat
color
clarity

3-diamond single heart shape for engagement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RHT

Rough_Rock
Is it odd or unusual or against custom to propose with a heart shape diamond ring, this is make up of 3 diamonds, centre square and the other 2 semi circle at one end and straight at the other.

or is there a tradition that engagement ring got to be solitaire?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Nope, there''s no real tradition that it has to be a solitare. Three stone rings for engagement are becoming popular, and the concept of the heart shaped ring sounds very romantic. I''ve heard of that company that''s branding them, but what I''ve heard about them is escaping me at the moment. Perhaps you should ask on Rocky Talky?
5.gif
35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mm, I think I'd go with a heart and baguettes.

Semi-circles are called...half moons.

if it's in the configuration I'm thinking of, where the flat/diameter part of the half moon is resting against the flat part of the heart, then I don't think there's much point.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I think he''s saying that the heart shape would be made up with a square cut diamond set with the corners at N,S,E,W and two moon shapes forming the rounded tops of the heart, set against the top two sides of the square. Do you get what I''m saying?

RHT

Rough_Rock
TULIP is absolutely right.
thanks tulip.
any view on it?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
my view is don''t do it unless you''re absolutely sure your girlfriend would like it. I don''t know how you could be sure unless you showed her the design and asked. No, there is not a tradition that engagement rings have to be solitaires; three-stones are common. But yes, what you describe is highly unusual. A heart-shaped stone (single stone) is not a very common shape and I wouldn''t recommend getting one unless the woman specifically said it''s the shape she likes. The design you have come up with, a heart made from a princess and two half-moons, is probably unique.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
I found a pic! On Amazon of all places. You can''t really tell very well, but this is exactly what RHT is talking about. Princess w/ half moons.

I agree with Maria that it is a very unique idea, and that you would have to be sure that she''s a heart shaped ring kinda gal. Many many women are not.

htshp0931.JPG

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
And another

htshp0933.JPG

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would just get a heart shape stone solitaire.

putting them together like that looks like a cheap tacky cheap right hand ring.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2006 12:32:19 AM
Author: LizzieC
I found a pic! On Amazon of all places. You can''t really tell very well, but this is exactly what RHT is talking about. Princess w/ half moons.
Hey, look at that, shows what little I know. I thought RHT made up the design!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I also think a regular heart shaped stone would be better. And since its such a unique shape, i would make sure that its her style before buying it.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
The idea with a square stone and the two half moons on the sides...yuck.

Whenever stones are put together like that, to give the impression that its just one big stone...it screams tacky to me.

I dont know a lot of women who would be crazy to wear something like that either.

If she likes heart shape stones, then get her a regular heart shape.

Otherwise, I''d nix the square/half moon idea.

RHT

Rough_Rock
thanks for all inputs, have gotten my ring.
appreciate all comments though.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let us know how it goes! Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m glad you found a ring!!! I would love to see pics of it!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
It doesn''t have to be a solitaire, but I always told my husband, even before we got engaged that I would rather have a small solitaire than a bunch of small stones lumped together to look like a bigger stone. I am just not a fan of those.. They seem like kind of a cheap-out..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have this design as a pendant. I personally would not want it for a ring.

This is something I''d realllllllllly be sure about before you got it for her engagement ring. I too am of the school of thought that I''d rather have a smaller solitaire or a beautiful colored stone than multiple small stones set to look like a bigger one.

Some women do have heart solitaire rings...but they are unique and it is a matter of personal preference.

If you are set on the idea, I''d get her a pendant that looks like that...not the engagement ring.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is my pendant.

hpend12.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kind of wish that RHT would come back to update, I''m dying to know how his gf/fi responded to the ring!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results