shape
carat
color
clarity

3 Days to go, here’s my plan!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PleaseSayYes

Rough_Rock

Alright so Saturday is the big day, and I’m already getting nervous. My girlfriend of almost 2 years has absolutely no idea this is coming, we’ve talked vaguely about it sometime in the future, but she does not know that for the past 3 months I have been tirelessly getting her ring designed and paid for, as well as planning out our night.

On Saturday, I am going back up with her to her college apartment to help move stuff out for her. Afterwards, that night, she assumes we’ll go to dinner and then meet up with some friends for drinks later that night. We have also gotten a hotel room that she thinks my mother paid for since she didn’t want us drinking and trying to find a place to stay for the night, since her apartment bed will be gone.

Before we left college in the spring, I had always talked about wanting to walk around campus one last time with her and talk about all the memories we’ve had at the different buildings. We’ve shared some great times, probably none more so than when we would do mischievous stuff like sneak on to the football field after dark and see where we could get to (we went to a big state school, so it’s a pretty cool feeling).

So Saturday night after dinner, I’m going to casually ask if she wouldn’t mind walking around campus with me. We’ll walk and reminisce about all the old times, until a certain time at which I’ll suggest we go sneak on the field one last time for old times’ sake. We’ll sneak on, and I’ll lead her to the 50 yard line, where I’ll talk about all the exciting times we’ve had, make a little speech, and get down on one knee and do it. After she’s (hopefully) said yes, her best friends, who will have been waiting and hiding in the stands, will start cheering and come surprise her. Also, I have arranged for many of her friends to come back in town and meet us at the bars afterwards, and we’ll spend the remaining night catching up with old friends.

Finally, I will have arranged for champagne, roses, strawberries, etc. to be planted at the hotel for the end of the night. Sound like an ok plan? I’ll let everyone know how it goes
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
As a hard core football fan, I have to say that I love your idea!!

Good Luck and we expect ring pictures after she says YES!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Sounds perfect!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
omg thats so romantic!! goodluck :)

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
Hey man, that sounds great! The only thing I would change would be the friends waiting in the wings in the stadium. I would have them wait in the bars with the other friends that are coming from out of town. That way you can still hang out with them that night, but that moment will be for just the two of you and you can spend a while in the stadium just absorbing the feeling. Otherwise, your plan sounds amazing and she will love it!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
that is sooo sweet. I LLOOVVEE football so that would be awesome!!
I''m on the fence about the friends being there. on one hand, you want it to be just you two, but then again if they are taking pictures, then that would be awesome to keep!

PleaseSayYes

Rough_Rock
True on both sides, it will be dark, so any picture won''t be great, and there is also an added fear that one of them will make noise, be seen, or whatever beforehand and ruin the surprise. Still, these friends are the closest friends she has, and I''m sure she''d love to have an extra amount of time with them too before we go meet all our friends out later. Maybe I can just tell them to hide until I yell "she said yes!" or something, that way we can have a few extra moments on the field together.

And yes, we are both die-hard football fans, and we''ve had a lot of cool experiences on and around this field together
1.gif
. I''m excited.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I think is sounds perfect. How could she not say "yes"!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds well thought out and full of love and excitement!

Let us know how it goes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results