shape
carat
color
clarity

2mm plain band(s) stacked with an eternity ring??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!
9.gif

I posted last week about my new 2.20ct eternity ring. I''ve been wearing it in place of my wedding set some days, but now the cogs are turning again, and I think I''d really like a 2mm plain band in yellow gold to stack on either side of it.

Does anyone out there have a plain 2mm ring they stack with a prong set diamond eternity of roughly 2.5mm? My eternity is 2.5mm, so I''d like to stick with 2mm only, for the band. I seached and searched for pics, but could not find!
5.gif

I really like the heavy comfort fit bands from ewedding bands, like the one our lovely E B posted recently.

Thanks in advance!
35.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DandiAndi
35.gif

I don''t know if my pictures will be of any help to you. I...stole my mom''s half eternity ring and wedding band for the pictures! The plain band ia exactly 2mm, made of white gold. The half eternity is 3mm on the lower part of it but becomes wider as it approaches the diamonds and it reaches approximately 5.5mm. She doesn''t ever wear them together but they don''t look too bad worn on the same finger, do they? I figure that with your eternity band which is thinner, the set will look lovely...

wband5 002 (2).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another one...

wband5 001 (2).jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think stacking a plain band with an eternity band almost always looks great - you could go try some on (or photoshop them) and come back with photos so we can see some examples. My only concern would be that the 3 bands would total at least 6mm - would you be comfortable with that much length on your finger? or are you one of the lucky ladies with long, thin fingers? :)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dandi!

I think it'd be a great look. And if it's not a look for you, e-weddingbands has a great return policy. I highly recommend them (as I've said before
9.gif
).

Here's a pic of Jessica Simpson pairing her eternity with just one plain band (looks like ~2mm). I'll keep an eye out for a plain band sandwich.

JessicaEternityBand055.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is a picture of my 2mm comfort fit band from e-weddingbands as well next to an eternity sapphire and diamond ring (from ID jewelry) and my sholdt, but it'll give you an idea though.

sholdtdtring10%20009.jpg

sholdtdtring10%20010.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, for the replies, ladies!

Naty, that looks amazing, and is just the look I''m after (although my diamond ring is nowhere near as magnificent as your mums!) Thankyou so much for taking the time to post these, you are a doll!!
35.gif

Maevie, thanks for your valuable opinion, hon! I went to a few jewellers and they didn''t have ANYTHING already made up, GAH! I usually wear 3 rings on my left ring finger, my Ering sandwiched between two engraved bands, and all three of them are 2.5mm a piece, so I''m used to nearly 8mm of ringy goodness
9.gif
But thankyou for mentioning that, I hadn''t even thought about how much real estate I was taking up! Maybe just one will suffice anyway... perhaps I''ll order two, and just send one back if it''s too much? I figure I should be able to do that.

E B, I was hoping you''d chime in, as you''re my inspiration for this whole project! Thankyou for that pic, it has confirmed that is what I DEFINITELY want!! I''d love an eternity as huge as JSs, but can''t have it all now, can I ?
3.gif

D&T, aaaaahh that''s it!! That''s the exact one I was looking at! Thankyou SO much for posting it, it''s perfect!!! Your set is amazing beyond words, YUM
30.gif
OH and on an semi-related topic, how was your experience with ID jewelry? I''ve been eyeing off a few pieces of theirs!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 7:56:39 PM
Author: DandiAndi
Thanks, for the replies, ladies!

Naty, that looks amazing, and is just the look I''m after (although my diamond ring is nowhere near as magnificent as your mums!) Thankyou so much for taking the time to post these, you are a doll!!
35.gif

Maevie, thanks for your valuable opinion, hon! I went to a few jewellers and they didn''t have ANYTHING already made up, GAH! I usually wear 3 rings on my left ring finger, my Ering sandwiched between two engraved bands, and all three of them are 2.5mm a piece, so I''m used to nearly 8mm of ringy goodness
9.gif
But thankyou for mentioning that, I hadn''t even thought about how much real estate I was taking up! Maybe just one will suffice anyway... perhaps I''ll order two, and just send one back if it''s too much? I figure I should be able to do that.

E B, I was hoping you''d chime in, as you''re my inspiration for this whole project! Thankyou for that pic, it has confirmed that is what I DEFINITELY want!! I''d love an eternity as huge as JSs, but can''t have it all now, can I ?
3.gif

D&T, aaaaahh that''s it!! That''s the exact one I was looking at! Thankyou SO much for posting it, it''s perfect!!! Your set is amazing beyond words, YUM
30.gif
OH and on an semi-related topic, how was your experience with ID jewelry? I''ve been eyeing off a few pieces of theirs!
Any time DandiAndi! I hope you really find what you''re looking for
35.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2010 7:56:39 PM
Author: DandiAndi

D&T, aaaaahh that's it!! That's the exact one I was looking at! Thankyou SO much for posting it, it's perfect!!! Your set is amazing beyond words, YUM
30.gif
OH and on an semi-related topic, how was your experience with ID jewelry? I've been eyeing off a few pieces of theirs!
DA! you're welcome sweetie anytime - the band is just their normal comfort fit domed band, not the heavy one though. I really like the quality of the piece, however this took a bit longer than I expected, but the price is fair, diamonds were white and bright. Service was good, I would recommend one of these, but I'm such a nut and super picky that I sold the sapphire band, I'm just not a prong girl on anything
40.gif
even though the prongs were sooooo tiny on the diamonds, I have a mind thing issue with prongs I think
23.gif
- so I don't own any bands now with any prongs. Well, I'm excited to see what you get
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results