shape
carat
color
clarity

25 cts emerald is it natural?

Saleh001

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Now I really don't know alot about gemstones and I liked this one but I'm just not sure if it's natural or not considering it's cheap price of 110 dollars weighing 25 cts which is something ridiculous as emeralds are much more expensive and the seller is saying that it comes from kashmir?
I've noticed it had so many inclusions inside from bubbles to strings white clouds
I'd be so thankful if anyone could provide me any help or information regarding this IMG_20200309_204733.jpg IMG_20200309_211110.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kashmir is “famed” for its sapphires, not emeralds.
Top sources for emeralds are Columbia and Zambia.
No one sells a 25 carat natural emerald for $110.
Plenty sell highly treated emeralds (as in flux filled, coloured glass filled and even dyed) for whatever they can get.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Given the bubbles inside, the prognosis isnt that positive.

Unfortunately the situation is much more complex than just trying to decide if it is natural or not. As emeralds can pe filled with glue type substances which are artificial, and green dye. They can also be reconstituted, which is where they melt down old emerald chips, and reform it into a stone. Chances are good based on the price that you have drawn one of the above. But it will be difficult for us to tell you basee on photos alone. If you dont mind losing 110 dollars plus the price of sending it to a lab then it could be worth doing for curiosities sake. But if you would be upset having spent 200-300 to find it wasnt 100% natural then it would be a good idea ri save yourself the pain.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For 110 USD, I would probably buy it even if it is a fake, as I kind of like the look of the shape and colour, and would make a nice pendant.

DK :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, no one would ever sell a 25ct emerald for that little. Its either heavily treated or not real.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know there will be issues based on the price but even so, the stone made my heart sad to look at.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like glass to me.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks like plain old glass sadly.

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
Now I really don't know alot about gemstones and I liked this one but I'm just not sure if it's natural or not considering it's cheap price of 110 dollars weighing 25 cts which is something ridiculous as emeralds are much more expensive and the seller is saying that it comes from kashmir?
I've noticed it had so many inclusions inside from bubbles to strings white clouds
I'd be so thankful if anyone could provide me any help or information regarding this IMG_20200309_204733.jpg IMG_20200309_211110.jpg

Save your money

Saleh001

Rough_Rock
Well I bought it for less than 50 dollars hehe, it just looks amazing and much more beautiful in reality, idc if it's glass as long as it touches my heart since i paid that price
Thanks everyone

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I bought it for less than 50 dollars hehe, it just looks amazing and much more beautiful in reality, idc if it's glass as long as it touches my heart since i paid that price
Thanks everyone

If you buy in full awareness, at a price that is reasonable, that's a good thing. :)

Saleh001

Rough_Rock
I've used a diamond selector to see its thermal conductivity and it gave me above that of the glass :confused:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They generally call emeralds from that region "SWAT" emeralds not Kashmir emeralds to the best of my knowledge;
Swat and Kashmir.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure I am not the only one curious...where did you purchase this stone? A market, jewelry vendor, wholesaler? please tell us the process of how you acquired the stone. Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results