shape
carat
color
clarity

.25/.30ctw RSG studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys!

I have this tiny pair of yellow gold bezel set earrings that have recently come loose, and I''m thinking it may be a good justification for upgrading them to ideal cut studs. (flawed line of reasoning, but please bear with me
2.gif
). I honestly have no idea what size my current studs are, but I''m thinking that a pair of WF RSG .25ctw or .30ctw might be a good replacement. I already have a pair of WG .65ctw ACA''s that I can upgrade, so that''s not a concern. So a few questions, please:
1.Do you think there is a perceivable difference between the two ctws?
2.Do you think that either of these ctw would be a decent everyday size without the bezel setting?
3.Has anybody had problems with the SI clarity of these pre-set earrings not being eye-clean?

I appreciate whatever opinions you may have-thanks!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
1.Do you think there is a perceivable difference between the two ctws?
I''m assuming you mean between .25 and .30 cwt? I can''t say there would be a HUGE difference, but I''d lean more toward the .30.

2.Do you think that either of these ctw would be a decent everyday size without the bezel setting?
Yes, I do......I''ve attached a picture below of my .32 cwt earrings in my second holes; they are martini set. My 17-year old niece wears an identical pair in her primary holes, and they look nice.

3.Has anybody had problems with the SI clarity of these pre-set earrings not being eye-clean?
No, and in stones that small, I''m confident that wouldn''t be a problem. SI clarity is totally fine.

alear130707.JPG

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info and the pic alj.
1.gif
I''m leaning toward the .3''s , too, but wondering if I can justify the extra $ since I wouldn''t wear them everyday. I probably won''t order for at least another week, so I have some time to think on it.

Can I just say again how amazing your lever-backs are????

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
1) you probably will not notice such a small difference per stone.

2) that smaller size will be okay for daily wear, but did you wear the smaller bezels before they became loose and after you got your ACAs? I only ask because after I purchased larger studs, I found my smaller set were too small on me. Diamond shrinkage set in really fast, and I''m not even normally like that. Usually I keep bling to a minimum, but my .50 cwt were too small for me. Just something for you to keep in mind.

3) SI stones should be eye clean. Be sure to ask WF so they double check the stones.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Al''s leverbacks have me salivating at the thought of how I can possibly acquire some. Not good.
2.gif

I have a graphic I was sent by thediamond.com when I was contemplating which size (0.25 or 0.3 ctw) studs for my sis...lemme see if I still have it....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here ya go. Slight difference, but perceptable by me in the pic.

tddcsize1.jpg

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thanks guys.
9.gif

MC- #2 is a very good point. I do think these would get some wear, though probably not as much as the others. My bezels were my only YG diamond earrings, and I used to rock them with a YG diamond solitaire necklace that I really love. I also figure they''d be good for when I don''t feel like wearing a lot of jewelry.

FG-that diagram is really helpful!!! What did you end up going with, btw?

I''ll post pics when all is said and done! Thanks again.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 2:39:41 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty

FG-that diagram is really helpful!!! What did you end up going with, btw?
Well, I''m sure you probably may have guessed...the bigger, 0.3 ctw.
9.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
*update*

I ordered the .30''s-they''re supposed to ship Monday! Yay!
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 7:52:49 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty
*update*

I ordered the .30''s-they''re supposed to ship Monday! Yay!
36.gif
NICE! YAY!

Can''t wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results