shape
carat
color
clarity

#23 off the List... I'm engaged!!

mmi

Shiny_Rock
He wasted no time! :)) He proposed on Friday. I had a sneaking suspicion that something was up by the tone of his texts that afternoon, so I dressed cute "just in case". When I got to his house to spend the weekend, I opened the door and.... nothing. Not sure what I was expecting exactly, but things carried on as usual. I was expecting him to propose later this month anyway! Or maybe next month.

He made me dinner and we had a nice chat. After dinner was done he asked me to make us two espressos. He turned on the machine and told me to handle the sugar, since I was good at it. I said ok, and he hovered over me as I went to the counter, and puts his arms around me. As the machine is running, I open the sugar jar and... there's a blue ring box inside! I freeze. A million thoughts rush through my head! Is this for real? Is he proposing?! He takes the ring box from my hand and I shakingly turn around as he drops to one knee. At this point I burst into tears because yes, it is really happening! He asks "will you marry me?" and I can only muster an "mmhmm!" and an emphatic head nod. We hug for a long time, he has tears in his eyes, and I am still hysterical and having trouble keeping it together, and basically clinging onto him to keep steady. He really surprised me! I thought it would be impossible. :)) I finally get a look at the ring and it's beautiful! Meanwhile the coffee is about to overflow the cups, haha.

2012-06-13%2020.01.34.jpg
2012-06-13%2019.54.58.jpg
2012-06-12%2019.33.36.jpg
Real-life perspective:
2012-06-13%2019.07.34.jpg

Hoping to use a real camera and not a phone to take pics this weekend, so I can post to SMTB!

Can't believe I am not longer an LIW! I've been here for years! It's almost bittersweet. New stage of life now. :o

Thanks for looking!!

mmi

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! That is such a sweet proposal! The ring is gorgeous! I love the flower on the profile of the basket! Good Luck in wedding planning, it should be fun!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
he did a great job!!!

congrats!!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful on you! Congratulations! What a great cup of coffee that must have been ;))

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Congratulations! it's a beautiful ring and a lovely engagement story!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
aww! what a sweet proposal :appl:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's awesome! Congratulations on your engagement. I love your story . . . not to mention the ring, which is gorgeous.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Such a sweet surprise!! And what a beautiful ring!! Congrats!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!! what a cute story. I enjoy being able to see your ring IRL so soon, it's such a beautiful design!! have fun wedding planning! ::)

BeautyQueen

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! your ring is so beautiful .... what a wonderful proposal !

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Best.Coffee.Ever! The profile of your ring is beautiful.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations, mmi!! I got so curious when you posted about the prongs, and wondering if you could wear it! I was thinking, "wear it? HE PROPOSED?!" :appl: :appl: I'm so excited to hear that he has!! It's beautiful, mmi! :) I loveee the milgrain flower!!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Love the proposal! You will enjoy coffee even more from now on with that great memory! :D congratulations! Your ring is beautiful!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

peonia

Rough_Rock
congratulations!! such a sweet proposal, i can only imagine your shock as you opened that sugar jar :) the ring is stunning, very special. so excited for you!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, what a fun proposal!! :appl:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful!! Congrats!! :appl:

mmi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies so much!

MUCH better pics are up on SMTB as promised!!

mmi

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I really like your ring.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Gorgeous ring! :love:

Off to find your SMTB thread to drool some more :lol:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! your ring is SO beautiful, i love all the vintage touches! i hope you have a blast planning your wedding!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congrats!!!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! What a sweet proposal, and I just LOVE the profile of your ring!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I just *adore* the profile of your ring mmi!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results