shape
carat
color
clarity

22 Dogs Living In Car w/ Woman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes! This story is so sad. Twenty two small dogs were found living in a mid-sized station wagon with a woman who''d recently been evicted & seems to be suffering from dementia.

7.gif

paps.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! That is really sad.
7.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is so sad for the lady and the dogs. I hope she doesn''t get charged, especially if she is suffering from dementia...

E B

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
I feel so bad for both the lady and all of those dogs. I hope she gets the help she needs and those little fluffs find good, loving homes.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Omg that is so sad
7.gif
Poor doggies...and the poor woman too!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
that is so sad. I hope everyone gets the help they need.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
That is unbelieveably sad. My heart breaks for that woman. I hope she has a family!

Not to deviate from the story at hand... but is it just more or does your avitar looks like one of the poochies in the vehicle....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is very sad
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
38.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, where does all this stuff come from?
32.gif
All these crazy stories, left and right.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
ohhhhhhhhhh boy
7.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
These reports are always sad - for the animals and the owner, the rescue services and any neighbours.

I used to feel angry at such owners for neglecting or mistreating their pets but I think in many situations it has started from nothing but the best of intentions.

Too many animals need loving homes; the problem is that any one owner can only have x number of animals in their home (or car???).

I would love to take in all the animals who need a home. Really love to. But at 3 cats and 2 dogs already I realise that you have to set limits. There comes a point where in taking in so many animals you become neglectful of all of them. Too sad.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that poor woman... and those poor doggies. At least since they''ve been in the news the odds are excellent that they''ll get good homes. So sad though.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness. This is so heartbreaking for both the animals AND the woman. I can''t even imagine. The sad this is I am sure she completely loves those dogs or she would have just left them stranded somewhere. It is so sad. I really hope family or someone can step in and help her out. I really feel for this woman.
7.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my!! Those poor puppies
39.gif
I will take them. They''ll have considerably more room even in my 500sf apartment.

Okay, maybe I should only take 3 or 4.

They look like papillons too, my favorite kind of doggie!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 9:55:24 AM
Author: tlh
does your avitar looks like one of the poochies in the vehicle....
Yes, you''re right! They are mostly Papillons & my sweet girlie is also a Pap.

Musey -- I *know* how you feel. I want them all too! Especially that wee slicked back one who seems to be staring directly at me from my computer screen.

One eyewitness account says that at night the woman would lie down and the dogs would completely cover her -- like a fur blanket & that''s the only way they all survived a few cold nights.
39.gif

I''m happy that they appear in pretty good condition -- vs. what I''ve seen in some rescues. There was food & water in the car. Their coats look healthy. What an awful turn of events. But, hey, at least its not a car full of premature invitro *babies*
38.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:53:07 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 2/10/2009 9:55:24 AM
Author: tlh
does your avitar looks like one of the poochies in the vehicle....
Yes, you''re right! They are mostly Papillons & my sweet girlie is also a Pap.

Musey -- I *know* how you feel. I want them all too! Especially that wee slicked back one who seems to be staring directly at me from my computer screen.
That''s the one! Poot little guy!

My little boy is half papillon, and he''s made me totally partial to the breed. I lurrrrve him.
12.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I'll take a few too! My little Lilly has been looking for a friend. hehe.

Maybe between us PSers we can give all those dogs good homes.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
39.gif
Here''s the mom & two babies ...

momtwopups.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen anything like it (thank goodness)! So glad those concerned witnesses stepped up & called authorities. Unbelievable!

sidecar.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh my dear puppieessss!!! I will save you ALL!!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
how tragic that she lost her home and then had to live with all those pups in that car. the dogs seem to be healthy from the pictures. please keep posting any more information on this. i would like to know that the dogs are getting adopted and to know what was wrong with the woman.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Animal hoarding is a mental illness, and it often does start with the very best of intentions - to take care of animals who wouldn''t otherwise have a home - there are multiple websites devoted to the subject, such as here and here.

It is really incredibly sad as the animals oftentimes end up being the victims in all of this - when it gets out of hand like that they often fail to have the animals checked up on by a vet and/or they don''t get them spayed or neutered, which propagates the problem (literally).

I think the only good news here is they should be able to find homes for all of these pups - small, cute dogs usually go from rescue pretty quickly, and the publicity will help too.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:43:55 PM
Author: radiantquest
how tragic that she lost her home and then had to live with all those pups in that car. the dogs seem to be healthy from the pictures. please keep posting any more information on this. i would like to know that the dogs are getting adopted and to know what was wrong with the woman.
The SPCA website said there is a hearing today to determine custody of them. If SPCA is awarded it then they will be evaluated for adoption, etc.

I think BF is lucky we don''t live in Texas, because I would be at that shelter the moment they were available. They all look so loving and I''d love to give some a good home. Is it said that a part of me hopes the woman gets to keep at least some of them?

On another note, I actually have a friend who''s grandma takes in ANY stray dog or cat. At one point in time she was up to 50 animals in her home. The human society had to come and take some away, but she continues to take in more. It is so sad. My friend has never been in her grandmas house because of it. Hopefully this isn''t the case with the woman and she is just on hard times.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 3:32:17 PM
39.gif

39.gif
Oh these precious pups! I hope they all go to loving homes--wish I could take a few!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 4:11:23 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 2/10/2009 3:32:17 PM
39.gif

39.gif
Oh these precious pups! I hope they all go to loving homes--wish I could take a few!
Ditto.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Poor puppies!!
39.gif

I hope that woman gets some help, it sounds like she''s really out of it!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s awful. I feel so sorry for those dogs and for the woman. I hope they get homes and she gets help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results