shape
carat
color
clarity

2018 Holiday wish list?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many PSers have the Cartier Tank. It is a classic oldie but goody. I don't wear any of my watches anymore but I hope that is just temporary (albeit a long stretch as it has been over 4 and half years now that I have worn any watch). I agree that if one wants a classic beautiful watch Cartier tank is a good place to start.

Here are my two favorite watches that I used to wear lots.

cartierandrolexonwrist.jpg.png

@whitewave you are so right. They are not going anywhere so when you want one I know you will have no problem getting one. They are a classic here to stay.

And here are some old watches from my grandma, mom and MIL. The one on the right is 18K. Yellow, white and pink gold. When we used to attend fancy affairs I would wear one of these.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 8.54.45 AM.png

But like you @AV_ I have lost the habit of wearing watches. Hopefully it is only a temporary loss of desire as I would love enjoying wearing them again.
I LOVE your Rolex! I really like that style over the Cartier tank..:shifty: I have an old Raymond Weil with little diamonds on the face..and my husband bought me a Gucci watch that I NEVER wear..because it’s not my style..and I can’t read the time! I was told it’s meant for decoration..not necessarily to tell time..What!? So..no watches on my wish list but LOVE your watch..sigh..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy You’re fast! I just noticed the Cartier next to your Rolex and was thinking..gee..I really like that one too..zoomed in and it’s a Cartier. I know nothing about watches so I guess I don’t like the newer versions..You have such nice taste...Your family watches are so sweet..The blingy one would be perfect for dress up..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You’re fast! I just noticed the Cartier next to your Rolex and was thinking..gee..I really like that one too..zoomed in and it’s a Cartier. I know nothing about watches so I guess I don’t like the newer versions..You have such nice taste...Your family watches are so sweet..The blingy one would be perfect for dress up..

Thanks @Mamabean! My watches are relatively old. The Cartier tank might be the newest from 2004. We bought it in Milan of all places. Lol I did some bling buying damage in Italy that autumn. :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean! My watches are relatively old. The Cartier tank might be the newest from 2004. We bought it in Milan of all places. Lol I did some bling buying damage in Italy that autumn. :lol:
The only thing I got when I visited Italy from two years ago was a fake leather purse. It looked and felt so real! :wall: I use it now as a tote for groceries! :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! She’s 93 so her skin is sooo fragile now. I am leary of electric anything left plugged in like that. I was thinking of giving her the throw and then taking it away at night..but she’s fiesty so realized I’d have a tug of war...haha..

My grandmother loves her rice bags. They get microwaved so only stay warm for a bit. They are a nice moist heat and start where you microwave them too then fade away.

ETA: I don't remember what they were called, but I ran across heating pad steam box things that physical therapy and spas use. Heats towels or similar to act as warm pads. Then there is a supply of warm pads and the one she is using doesn't get too hot or stay hot too long.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many PSers have the Cartier Tank. It is a classic oldie but goody. I don't wear any of my watches anymore but I hope that is just temporary (albeit a long stretch as it has been over 4 and half years now that I have worn any watch). I agree that if one wants a classic beautiful watch Cartier tank is a good place to start.

Here are my two favorite watches that I used to wear lots.

cartierandrolexonwrist.jpg.png

@whitewave you are so right. They are not going anywhere so when you want one I know you will have no problem getting one. They are a classic here to stay.

And here are some old watches from my grandma, mom and MIL. The one on the right is 18K. Yellow, white and pink gold. When we used to attend fancy affairs I would wear one of these.

Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 8.54.45 AM.png

But like you @AV_ I have lost the habit of wearing watches. Hopefully it is only a temporary loss of desire as I would love enjoying wearing them again.

Those are all very cool, Missy.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure I will come up with something interesting and/or blingy, but off the top of my head I am going to ask for world peace and sanity in the White House to get rid of my chronic news induced headache.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My grandmother loves her rice bags. They get microwaved so only stay warm for a bit. They are a nice moist heat and start where you microwave them too then fade away.

ETA: I don't remember what they were called, but I ran across heating pad steam box things that physical therapy and spas use. Heats towels or similar to act as warm pads. Then there is a supply of warm pads and the one she is using doesn't get too hot or stay hot too long.
Thank you! I bought her a cheetah print bathrobe keep her warm. She looks hysterical in it! :lol:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd be leary of auto off. We have a heating pad that has auto off and it usually works... Usually. DH and I have both had bad blisters after we fell asleep and the auto off failed.
Wow, should anything like that be able to get that hot?? That seems, wrong.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, should anything like that be able to get that hot?? That seems, wrong.

I don't think it is the temperature so much as it is supposed to go off automatically in 20 minutes but sometimes it doesn't. We try to not fall asleep with it on one of us, but sometimes it happens. I blistered once when it was still on several hours later (I woke up to find it still on) and DH has blistered twice. Several more times, I woke up to find it still hot and took it off of him (and unplugged!);to prevent it happening again.

The scary thing is this is supposed to be good. Several pharmacists have recommended it to me as great.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@TooPatient I think your blanket may be defective..I would not go to sleep with it on. I’m pretty worried it could start a fire..

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I think your blanket may be defective..I would not go to sleep with it on. I’m pretty worried it could start a fire..

This is a heating pad. I threw the first out thinking it was defective and bought a new one. That has the same issues. It got tossed too for fear of injury or fire. Not worth the risk!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a heating pad. I threw the first out thinking it was defective and bought a new one. That has the same issues. It got tossed too for fear of injury or fire. Not worth the risk!
Good! Very scary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results