shape
carat
color
clarity

2016 Williams Sonoma Haters Guide is out!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Is this something that comes out every year? A friend posted it on FB and I didn't see the humor in it? And I'm not even a big fan of Williams Sonoma (I shop there occasionally, but it's not one of my favorites). Maybe I'm missing something? By the way, we have used our fondue pot since 1988 and we find that it's a lot of fun with kids ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's written by a Hater for sure. I like looking around Williams Sonoma once in awhile especially to see if there is something I like that I can find less expensive elsewhere. Yea the stuff in the store is expensive but there are stores for every walk of life and budget. I don't hate on something just because its not for me or my pocketbook.

ETA - I guess its supposed to be funny but its not really to me.

If I could justify the price this stuff amells amazing and tastes so good. Maybe every once in awhile for a treat.
Williams-Sonoma Braising Sauce, Beef Bourguignonne

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/beef-bourguignonne-braising-base/?pkey=ccooking-sauces%7Cslow-cooking-braising-sauce&&ccooking-sauces|slow-cooking-braising-sauce

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore Williams Sonoma, but I do look forward to this every year! I can't believe they discontinued the chicken coop, that was definitely my favourite :lol: :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love satire, satire about everything, even of me or stuff I like.
I have a good sense of humor.
Nothing is sacred.

I also love lots of stuff that WS carries but TOTALLY agree WS and a certain profile of a stereotypical WS-customer is a sitting duck for satire, and roasting.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought it was hilarious! But I love reading things that mock pretense. I also like swear words. And come on, I love my Le Creuset, but jesus, a $400 plaid version? Really? At that point it really is all for show, sorry.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like a lot of WS stuff, but I also look forward to the haters guide each year. It's tradition. There was also a funny commentary of Paltrow's Goop best of holiday gifts.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1481651932|4106906 said:
Nothing is sacred.

I also love lots of stuff that WS carries but TOTALLY agree WS and a certain profile of a stereotypical WS-customer is a sitting duck for satire, and roasting.

I generally like satire too, but this did nothing for me. The part about the antler candelabra - where a deer comes into your home, gets under your table, and pokes his antler up through it.... :confused: I didn't even find that remotely amusing. I think the concept is funny (picking on over-priced household/holiday/kitchen items), but the person writing it just wasn't funny IMO. Oh, well. Maybe next year ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing is sacred.

Maybe I am just tired of internet lately. It seems the internet has given society the excuse to be an *******. That seems to be my word for the week. Yes its great for all the info, things you can buy, lust over, learn, donate to, etc. but everyone saying whatever comes into their head to or about people they don't even know is such a let down for me when I think about it. Sometimes I think I should take a break but then the lure of "what is going on out there?" rears it's head.

But would we hand write in a letter what we say online? Would we say these things in person to someone? :?:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1481670443|4107004 said:
Nothing is sacred.

Maybe I am just tired of internet lately. It seems the internet has given society the excuse to be an *******. That seems to be my word for the week. Yes its great for all the info, things you can buy, lust over, learn, donate to, etc. but everyone saying whatever comes into their head to or about people they don't even know is such a let down for me when I think about it. Sometimes I think I should take a break but then the lure of "what is going on out there?" rears it's head.

But would we hand write in a letter what we say online? Would we say these things in person to someone? :?:

Nope. I would text it. :lol:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1481673170|4107013 said:
redwood66|1481670443|4107004 said:
Nothing is sacred.

Nope. I would text it. :lol:

:lol: Yes you probably would.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1481669289|4107000 said:
Nothing is sacred.

I generally like satire too, but this did nothing for me. The part about the antler candelabra - where a deer comes into your home, gets under your table, and pokes his antler up through it.... :confused: I didn't even find that remotely amusing. I think the concept is funny (picking on over-priced household/holiday/kitchen items), but the person writing it just wasn't funny IMO. Oh, well. Maybe next year ;-)

Okay.
No problem.

What various people consider to be funny is likely one of the most common ways in which people vary.
IOW, not even worth pointing out.

... Oh, you like to sprinkle a little salt onto your hamburger? :o :nono: ...
Well ... I don't, not at all, salt on a hamburger does nothing for me.
I don't even find that remotely appetizing.

IOW, Okey Dokie, then.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read it and thought that dude must be Australia, because his commentary is fairly similar to what goes on my head about most things most of the year, I usually have to dial it back to communicate in a polite manner to people on this forum :lol: :twisted:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results