shape
carat
color
clarity

2014 holiday sales, anyone?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I hope no one minds, but I always really appreciate these types of threads, so I thought I would start one.

Please post vendors you know are having holiday sales! I should've started this a week ago bc one of my favorite etsy jewelers just had a good one - Stephanie @ etsy store Metalicious. I think it ended Monday though :(. However, Yvonne Raley is having a sale that starts next week I think (10% off anything - her store is Cecile Raley Designs). And I think Onegarnetgirl usually does a Thanksgiving sale that's pretty good too, that should be coming up soon.

I can dig up links if anyone needs them, but you can just search by their etsy store names.

Please add any vendors that you know of... I LOOOOVE browsing the online gem and jewelry sales :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gary/Finewater is having a 20% off sale until November 29th, and Sally at Heart of Water is having a 10-35% clearance sale off various items.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Dana at Master Cut Gems is having holiday sales every Sunday until a few weeks before Christmas.

And Julia B has 15% off ready to ship items (she doesn't say how long the sale will last, but her Etsy header mentions she's expecting a baby - congratulations! - mid-Dec...).

RTFrog

Shiny_Rock
The Finewater email that went out today with the sale had this in it:

Pad. Sapphire:

771520_orig.jpg

1.11 ct, 6.76 x 4.74 x 4.14mm, VVS clarity
Was $1950 - now $1560

Also looking through the site - been watching this Alex for awhile:

1.02ct, 5.83 x 5.02 x 3.77mm, VVS clarity
Was $3500 - now $2800

334975.jpg

http://www.finewatergems.com/other-gemstones.html

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I got the finewater email shortly after I posted this thread...I think Gary consistently has some of the nicest color change garnets I've ever seen. I wish I could nab one during the sale! Too much for me right now though.

Congrats to Julia B if she sees this!

And I def need to check out Dana's current inventory, I love buying from him. He always has such a good range of affordable gems too, along with the pricy stuff :)

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning, Katharath!

Thanks for starting this thread.

Since discovering Pricescope just over a year ago, I've spent an unbelievable number of hours on this site. I won't disclose how often I've stayed up 'til the wee hours of the morning admiring the beautiful rings owned by the lovely ladies on Pricescope! The knowledge shared by everyone, and the assistance provided to those seeking advice, reflects the gracious nature of the Pricescope ladies and gentlemen.

I'm a woman who likes to look after and treat others, but I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the idea of spoiling myself with a sparkly RHR. Thanks, Pricescope. LOL Despite the terrible exchange rate (I'm in Canada), a sale might push me over to the dark side. Or would that be the shiny side?

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Great thread idea! :D

I saw Paraiba International has up to 50% off for a week I think, so if anyone's been admiring a gem check it out! I can't afford any of their stuff, lol :(

december-fire said:
Since discovering Pricescope just over a year ago, I've spent an unbelievable number of hours on this site. I won't disclose how often I've stayed up 'til the wee hours of the morning admiring the beautiful rings owned by the lovely ladies on Pricescope! The knowledge shared by everyone, and the assistance provided to those seeking advice, reflects the gracious nature of the Pricescope ladies and gentlemen.

I'm a woman who likes to look after and treat others, but I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the idea of spoiling myself with a sparkly RHR. Thanks, Pricescope. LOL Despite the terrible exchange rate (I'm in Canada), a sale might push me over to the dark side. Or would that be the shiny side?

Love it december-fire! You're post made me laugh! =)

liao

Shiny_Rock
RTFrog|1416452519|3786943 said:
The Finewater email that went out today with the sale had this in it:

Pad. Sapphire:

771520_orig.jpg

1.11 ct, 6.76 x 4.74 x 4.14mm, VVS clarity
Was $1950 - now $1560

Also looking through the site - been watching this Alex for awhile:

1.02ct, 5.83 x 5.02 x 3.77mm, VVS clarity
Was $3500 - now $2800

334975.jpg

http://www.finewatergems.com/other-gemstones.html

I am not sure about the pad sapphire, but the alexandrite does not looks like a great deal to me. even if the color under incandescent light is saturated, I would paid $1500-2000 max for that alex. I am not sure how much overhead the owner had, but $3500 for that alex is too much.

I just bought a nice but small 2.19ct alex, and I paid less than $10k pct for it. it changes from BG6/4 to something around PR6/3 or rP6/3. I will try my best to get the pic once I got it back from GRS sometimes next week. I hope this is not one of those extremely introvert alex :mrgreen:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
December-fire - I hope you go for it and treat yourself, this is a great time of year for it with many options on sale...do it!! ;-). RHR are so much fun.

Diane - I have been ogling that ring as well. I don't even like WG or trillions, lol! I do like that piece though. I think it's well priced for what it is, too. I'm still paying off the 1.95 ct oval mahenge I just got about a month ago from Yvonne (from that same parcel as the trillion ring) - so I can't splurge on anything big. I'll try to pick up something from her sale though, I usually do. Your pieces sound lovely, I especially like the blue sapphire/mint studs idea, love that color combo. Hope to see pics!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
sparkleismyfavcolor|1416503506|3787278 said:
Great thread idea! :D

I saw Paraiba International has up to 50% off for a week I think, so if anyone's been admiring a gem check it out! I can't afford any of their stuff, lol

I know, me either - I'm going to go check it out though, thanks for posting!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
With all respect I don't think that trillion pink has the 2009 neon color if it exactly looks like the picture. And bare in mind the photography may really favoriting the stone too. I find their rose gold really saturated in color and white gold has a warm cast to it as well.

S

SparkliesLuver

Jeff White just dropped his last gem scoop for the year. Looks like there's only two things left, but ... in case that's what someone is looking for. What doesn't sell will be moved to the public site in a few weeks.

http://www.whitesgems.com/members1114.html

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Diane - wow, I love them!! I looked at her blog a couple of days ago but mostly just quickly scanned over it, I must have missed your earrings bc I'd have remembered them. They are right up my alley. My top favorite gems are mahenges, mints, and sapphires, and I prefer YG and RG for settings - they're sooo pretty.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
1001smiles|1416508716|3787353 said:
VirginiaZee and katharath, thank you for the nice baby wishes. Hopefully the little princess likes sparklies as much as I do :angel:

You are very welcome, I was happy to hear your sweet news :)

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
December fire I totally agree... sometimes I'm up at all hours of the night reading and looking at this site. KAtharath your rings are really pretty in your pic and I love the information about the upcoming sales (although I think I'm totally tapped out I need to save money for settings this year. That mehenge spinel is gorgeous it's like a hot watermelon or something. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewels by Grace is having a Black Friday sale, this is what she said in her newsletter:

The JbyG holiday sale will start on Black Friday - most of the items listed on the site will be on sale through the holidays - let me know if you have your eye on something and I can let you know in advance if its going on sale and for how much.

Not a ton of colored stones over there, but she does have a few settings right now!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish blue nile had a few more options in that sale, but the prices are great! I wish I could buy an eternity ring!

CirrusClouds

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like that! ^

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those rings are pretty! I wish I could buy it all lol

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
James allen had 25% off everything except loose stones, there are some beautiful ring settings!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results