shape
carat
color
clarity

2011 Emmy Awards!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone watching? I'm really enjoying Jane Lynch as a host.

Anyone outraged or thrilled about any of the winners? I am a little surprised Melissa McCarthy won - I've not watched much of Mike and Molly but I feel like a lot of the other nominees in that category are much funnier.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm loving Jane lynch! Love!

I was surprised at which of the modern family actors won. I was hoping for Ed oneill and Sofia vergara but I'll take either!!! I am also thrill about peter dinklage!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've never watched Mike and Molly, but I thought it was so touching how surprised she was to win!

I love Modern Family and I'm thrilled they're winning award after award.

I thought the number by Lonely Island wasn't nearly as funny as they thought it was. Isn't that how these things always go? It just seemed very random and trashy. Jane Lynch is a GREAT host! I hope she gets other hosting gigs after this.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
stephb0lt|1316395210|3020385 said:
I am a little surprised Melissa McCarthy won - I've not watched much of Mike and Molly but I feel like a lot of the other nominees in that category are much funnier.
Never seen her show but I'm pretty sure Melissa McCarthy won for the movie "Bridesmaids". I can't believe that weird dumb nerd whose name always escapes me won over Steve Carrell & Louis CK.

Adored the Beauty Pageant line up/crowning that Amy Poehler thought up & led. She's hilarious. And loved Jane Lynch's line about why she's a lesbian. ("The men of Entourage"). Overall kind of an uneven and weird Emmys. Didn't love the opening video & musical number. Eh. Meh. All of it.

Now DRESSES: Kate Winslet ... yes! Gwynnie's midriff? No!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting theory about Melissa's work in Bridesmaids influencing her getting votes for her TV work...it doesn't seem fair to me when there are other award shows that are supposed to recognize movie roles, but it must be hard as a voter to ignore everything except the current season of a specific show, and like OUPearGirl said, it was sweet how surprised and touched she was.

I definitely agree with you about the opening number, deco, I was just waiting for it to be over! Some of the other skits have been hilarious in my opinion - loved the Office bit and the Jersey bit.

I stood up and cheered when Kyle Chandler won! Keeping my fingers crossed FNL can pull of another win tonight.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1316399179|3020429 said:
stephb0lt|1316395210|3020385 said:
Never seen her show but I'm pretty sure Melissa McCarthy won for the movie "Bridesmaids". I can't believe that weird dumb nerd whose name always escapes me won over Steve Carrell & Louis CK.
That Jim Parsons guy? I mean I guess he's good on that show but I thought his show was stupid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results