shape
carat
color
clarity

2009 Tax Refund issues and FTHB TC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Was any one eligible for the first time home buyers tax credit? and how long did it take you to get your refund and did you experience and difficulties getting your check/direct deposit

Sent my paperwork to the IRS Mach 11, I am hoping to have my DD by April 19

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2010 11:50:15 AM
Author:I Love My Sailor
Was any one eligible for the first time home buyers tax credit? and how long did it take you to get your refund and did you experience and difficulties getting your check/direct deposit

Sent my paperwork to the IRS Mach 11, I am hoping to have my DD by April 19
I was! I haven''t gotten my refund yet, but according to TurboTax I should expect to receive it 8-12 days after my return is accepted. (I''m using direct deposit.) So I''m assuming there will be extra time added to process my return. My return just got to the IRS on the 23 (I sent it about a week before then and did delivery confirmation), so it''ll probably be 2 or 3 more weeks. Did you do direct deposit or a check? I think it takes longer to receive checks.

We can''t wait to get our $!
9.gif
Off topic, but are you doing anything fun with yours?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Our direct deposit took about 5 weeks. We were able to get the full amount and used some of it to pay off my car.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
I did direct deposit. We sent our paperwork a couple weeks ago. I called the IRS last thursday and they said it wasn''t in the system jet but it could be at the processing center waiting. I told my husband we should have used DC but you know the IRS and if they said they didn''t have it, you would still have to resubmit everything over again even if you had DC. But who knows

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
We''re hoping to get the tax credit but we have to find a house first!

I filed my taxes at the beginning of February and got my refund the middle of February, so I will have to file an ammended return. I e-file but the ammended return will have to be paper so I''m not looking forward to that.

I''m glad that others have gotten theirs quickly -- I read on a couple of other forums that it was taking several months to get the money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results