shape
carat
color
clarity

2004 Politics Thread: Are you going to VOTE??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Mark Twain once remarked “there are three types of lies. Lies, Damn lies, and statistics.”
Yes, the website declares 10K+ “civilians dead” in an effort to dissuade popular support for the effort. However, it has been claiming all “civilian” dead, including aspiring terrorists and those killed by the terrorists. Are those who take up arms against America, civilians? Should the dead of the Mehdi army be counted? Should we count poor Nick Berg or Paul Johnson? Should those Iraqi civilians killed by the terrorist insurgents (like the ones fleeing the holy city of Basra or in the holy city Najaf) be counted among the same dead that are being used as a political tool against GW Bush?

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
When Greenpeace and some musicians team up I'm sure nothing but the truth gets printed!
1.gif
I'm sure that independent bastion of Middle East news Al-Jazeera is one of their "sources".

Even if their outrageous numbers ARE correct, I still believe that it is worth it to the Iraqi people. What's the number that Saddam terminated through politically motivated murder, neglect, or incompetence? Several hundred thousand I bet, but you won't find that number quite so easily. Why doesn't this play into it? What consideration do those dead poeple get? Kuwait has its country back. Isreal has a country and was not thrown into the sea. The other dumbass leaders in that part of the world need to think twice now. This is a good thing.

I had the exact same discussion with the minister at my church. The truth is too complicated, and "stop killing innocent civillians" is too easy. In the end it comes down to which philosophy you support.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
Bill Clinton was giving advice to Kerry from his bedside at the hospital. Kerry has recently hired on many aides close to Clinton. Soon after that, CBS on 60 Minutes II has come up with a “memo” from supposedly, Bush’s commanding officer from 1973 saying that Bush was shirking his duties and he is being pressured to sugar-coat his record. This “memo” has been quickly debunked as a complete fraud but CBS stands by it authenticity. It was obviously done on Microsoft Word and ran through a copier for several generations to give the appearance of it being old. The “th” for numbers like 111th was superscript as is automatically done with Microsoft Word, but couldn’t be done with the typewriters of 1973, and one of the officers discussed had retired a year before. A reproduction written on Word superimposes exactly. Internet bloggers had quickly picked up on these errors. Now my post isn’t to discuss the memo itself, but…..

Do you think Bill Clinton, whose wife has definitely ruled out presidential runs in 2004 and 2012, would purposely give Kerry bad advice so he would lose? Would Clinton’s aides, such as James Carville, “unearth” this document and make it fake enough to be easily discovered as a fraud in order to sink the Kerry campaign? So would it be wise for Kerry to rely on Clinton and his aides so much, in lieu of Hillary's ambitions?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/13/2004 6:47:58 AM chris-uk04 wrote:

. It was obviously done on Microsoft Word and ran through a copier for several generations to give the appearance of it being old. The “th” for numbers like 111th was superscript as is automatically done with Microsoft Word, but couldn’t be done with the typewriters of 1973, and one of the officers discussed had retired a year before. A reproduction written on Word superimposes exactly. Internet bloggers had quickly picked up on these errors. Now my post isn’t to discuss the memo itself, but…..

----------------

Well, I would like to discuss it after your debunking the memo as fraud. The IBM selectrics of the time did have the same type. The only factiod that has not been confirmed as could have would have should have is the service record of the supposed officer who was retired a year earlier.

So what if the memo is real. Everyone was trying to get into the Guard. Very few were anxious to serve. I just don't think it's news worthy.

What p*sses me off more is this stupid Kitty Kelly book. What an opportunist!

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/13/2004 8:44:46 AM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
What p*sses me off more is this stupid Kitty Kelly book. What an opportunist!

----------------

Her books lacks any public sources. Even Chris Matthews tore her up….

MATTHEWS: It just stuns me that the 700 page book can‘t have one on the record bit of testimony. On the record testimony. When of course, all the noise about this book will be caused by the words you use, and that nobody will stand by those words.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results