shape
carat
color
clarity

#20 signing off!!!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Never thought I'd have this kind of update! I started on the list at #113 last June and here I am signing off at #20! I'm engaged!!

I'm going to preface this by saying that unless you know the two of us, this story sounds absolutely ridiculous but it was totally "us".

It happened last Saturday the 20th when we went on vacation in Nags Head in the Outer Banks. I just finished graduate school and was so happy to finally be at the beach for a relaxing vacation. A few hours after we arrive, my SO asks me if I want to take a walk on the beach. I said "no, i'm okay for right now, maybe later." :shock: I was perfectly content sitting on the deck with my drink and taking in the ocean waves. One of my good friends caught on to what was going on after looking at him (he apparently looked nervous) and coaxed us all to the beach as a group. We take the walk down to the beach and I jump on my SO's back for a piggy back ride. Suddenly he leads me in the complete opposite direction of everyone else. I ask him to put me down, he does, and as he puts it, I literally begin frolicking on the beach towards my friends. I was skipping with my arms flailing and just enjoying running on the sand. Next thing I know my SO says "where the F are you going? Get back here!" I turn around and tell him that I was going back where everyone else was because you took me the wrong way. Next thing I know, out comes the ring box and he says "well I wanted to ask you something...can I keep you?" Side note: for the past 2 years we've had this ongoing inside joke that involves telling one another: "I like you, can I keep you?" and I have always said no...till this point. So I look at the ring and back up at him. The first words out of my mouth were "is that real?" :roll: Once it registered that I said that I managed to say "yes" and he put the ring on my finger. Everyone down on the other side of beach started freaking out and we enjoyed the rest of our night!

Yeah--a few days later there ends up being an earthquake and then on Wednesday we had to cut our vacation short and evacuate for Hurricane Irene. Once we got home and braced for the storm it was reported that a tornado hit my town (luckily not near me). Interesting week to say the least...Mother Nature must have been just as surprised as I was!!

At any rate, this was a total surprise that I NEVER expected and I thought that was great. Turns out he found my inspiration pics (legato sleek line but a little sturdier) on my computer and did a ton of research on his own for something that he knew I would like and that he liked as well. I love my ring. It's a RB .71 F SI2 (all I can see is bright white--totally eye clean to me!) Here it is!!

Kate's Ring.jpg

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! You're going to remember that proposal forever!

Congrats! Its a beautiful ring!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Congrats again! I love your proposal, so sweet :love:

and the ring is gorgeous, i hope you'll do a SMTB thread for it =)

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
I love your proposal! lol Congrats! Beautiful ring!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaayyy!!! Congrats!!!! And yes, you will always remember your proposal :D

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats- it's a sweet proposal and beautiful ring :)

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Katey!! :appl: :appl: I just loved your proposal story and the ring! It's absolutely beautiful! What does the profile look like? Is it the legato or just similar? Either way it looks just perfect! :love:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Aww. Katydid! My vacation was also cut short by Irene, and my dog didn't like the earthquake at all. It sounds like it was amazing anyway! Congratulations!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
MayFlowers|1314704834|3005257 said:
Congrats Katey!! :appl: :appl: I just loved your proposal story and the ring! It's absolutely beautiful! What does the profile look like? Is it the legato or just similar? Either way it looks just perfect! :love:

It's not the Legato but that was the inspiration. I wanted something a little sturdier because I'm both clumsy and paranoid, haha. The picture makes it look like it sits pretty high but it's about 5mm off my finger. Here is the profile view:

Profile.JPG

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, congrats, and that's such a cute story! Love the ring!! Definitely do a SMTB thread on that baby. :love:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, Katey. :) :appl: I *love* that story! So funny that you almost thwarted his plan several times! And I love that he chose "Can I keep you?" instead of "Will you marry me?" It sets your proposal apart from the others. I also LOVE your ring--those 2ct. rings we see on PS are beautiful, but I honestly find it refreshing to see such a lovely smaller stone. It's nice that your SO actually used your inspiration photos and took the time to research something you love. Congrats!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!! Super cute story! Beautiful ring!

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful and it's very sweet that he did some detective work to figure out what you wanted!

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! I love your story, it sounded soooo cute! Best of wishes to you and your *Future Husbad* :appl:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your story is adorable! Love the ring!

sjm

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Such a cute story and I love how much effort he put into picking the perfect ring for you!!!!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! That is SUCH a cute proposal story! We were also in the Outer Banks that week and got evacuated because of Irene...glad you got to enjoy your engagement down there, what a beautiful place for it!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results