shape
carat
color
clarity

20 days on the list...

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
And I'm off!! I definitely didn't expect it so soon, but that's never a bad thing!

Story :
SO picked me up from work and started driving north. I asked where we were going, but figured from the lack of answer that it's a surprise. I had a feeling it would happen but I didn't want to ruin it for myself.

We drove up to a pier and walked down it. On this day, at this time, the sun was setting as the moon was rising. He had a speech about us and the universe and sun and moon and everything... then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Of course I said YES. I was just so happy that I barely even looked at the ring, just hugged and kissed. It was great.

We let the night just be about us. I didn't call anyone or tell anyone because I wanted my family to be first. I knew I would see them the next day so I was just holding back my extreme desire to shout from rooftops.

Now they know so you do too! Pics to follow, believe it or not I haven't even taken any!!

Stone is a 1.51ct antique pear shape and the setting is a custom made antique reproduction with so much engraving!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that was fast. You lucky girl!

I can't wait to see the pictures, and I love the proposal. How romantic.

We let the night just be about us. I didn't call anyone or tell anyone because I wanted my family to be first. I knew I would see them the next day so I was just holding back my extreme desire to shout from rooftops.

I commend you for this. It's so rare to find a couple that let's the night just "be about them." Sadly, it seems to be the norm to immediately speed dial family, friends, and change the ol' FB relationship status within seconds of a ring on the finger.
My step-sister did the same thing as you when she got engaged. No phone calls, no FB updates, nada. After she and her fiance finished dinner, they came home to both families all gathered in her living room. I can't tell you how surprised she was!

Congrats again!!! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Wakingdreams! Wishing you and your fiance a lifetime of love and happiness. I cant wait to see your ring. It sounds gorgeous! :bigsmile:

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and bravo for remembering that the most important thing is your connection with your fiance. Now or course, we can't wait to see the photos!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, congratulations!

Now..

*pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics*
You never mentioned antique pear before! My imagination runs wild.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! 20 days...wow!! What a romantic proposal - and really, that's so wonderful you just let the day happen and live in the moment!!

All the best for a lifetime of happiness!

(but don't forget to bring on the bling shots!!)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1372093694|3471386 said:
Again, congratulations!

Now..

*pics, pics, pics, pics, pics, pics*
You never mentioned antique pear before! My imagination runs wild.

My thoughts exactly!!! Congrats wakingdreams! I also appreciate that you guys made the day all about you. Love it!!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much ladies, and a world of DUST to you all!!!

I can't leave you hanging, but I'm worse at this than I thought I'd be! No photoshoots as of yet! But because this is a diamond forum, I have to at least tease you with a phone shot or two! :bigsmile:

imag0608.jpg

imag0616.jpg

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Wow. That is absolutely gorgeous. I'm new around here so I don't know the story on the diamond and the setting ... and I really want to.

Congratulations again.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring! Did you have any part in picking out the setting? It's beautiful!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!! I love your ring!! Its gorgeous! and the setting is fabulous too! Can't wait for the official photo shoot, but thanks for sharing the 'tease' pics - its a beauty! :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh pretty! We need a face picture of that pear! Hello, SMTB thread!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes wakingdreams53! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results