shape
carat
color
clarity

20 carat Asscher cut diamond!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
One of my clients came into my studio today wearing her 25 year anniversary gift. An unbelievable 20 carat Asscher cut diamond.
love.gif

Oh My Lord!! I have never seen anything that exquisite in my life. She readily volunteered that it was 20 carats (the size of a postage stamp!) and knowing this client, it was probably at least a D or E color and most likely IF or VVS1.

My coworker and I just stood there with our mouths agape stairing and drooling!! I don''t even know what the side stones were I was so awestruck by the Asscher. But one of the side stones was probably the size of my diamond, or larger!!!

What a thrill. Too bad I can''t take a pic for you all to see. I don''t even think I would need to use the Macro setting!!
9.gif

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
wow!! what a huge honker of a ring! i've never seen anything that huge in person..only in pictures..
1.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
The only time I have ever seen anything like this in person there has been museum glass between it and me!!!

It was stunning!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Good God! Wow, Icelady what do you do for a living?

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Was this 20ct rock on a ring?

See this is why camera phones would come in handy right now!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
FT,

I am a Certified Pilates instructor and I own my own studio! My Radiant is only 1.71 ct and looked like a speck next to hers!

VH,

Yes, a camera phone would have been really handy! This 20 ct Asscher was a ring, a three stone ring. I got so exited about the HUGE Asscher that I don't even remember what shape the other large stones were! It was AWESOME!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Icelady, mine's a spec then too!!! YAY SPECS!!!!!!
appl.gif

Wow, a 20ct Asscher...god that must be nice...Yes, when wealthy people have such funds, it is easy to be devoted to the body and such...time (and loads of money) makes it all possible.

When I am at my doctor's office (he's a natural Naturpathic/Osteopathic doctor), the wealth that comes through that door!!! His visitors included The former Martha Stewart, Some famous baseball guy's wife, and other society people, who walk around there in their yoga gear and 8cts rocks, etc...The baseball guy's wife had a 10ct honker and possibly weighed about 90lbs soaking wet.

God I wish these people would adopt...if you know of anyone, please let me know....
9.gif
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 7/7/2004 2:45:24 PM Nicrez wrote:

[with] such funds, it is easy to be devoted to the body and such...time (and loads of money) makes it all possible.

----------------

This is the exact mantra that my dear friend (American) cites a few times per week much to my dismay! Is it a very popular belief/saying/joke or what ?! Hope this does not sound wrong in any way - it is hard for me to understand these finer shades "cross-cultural" relations I keep bumping into ...

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Nic,

Geeze, a 10 carat honker on a 90 pound person, it may weigh more than she does!
eek.gif

I had to back off on begging my client to adopt me, she does not like whining! If I find a wealthy someone who would consider adopting, I will ask if they would adopt a pair of Radiant loving people! It would be great to have another sister!
9.gif

I really wish we had more access to Naturopathy (SP?). I was spoiled by an Osteopath Physician that liked to treat people using natural approaches where I used to live. I begged him to retire where I live now, he didn't like whining either!
sad.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/7/2004 3:35:33 PM valeria101 wrote:

----------------
On 7/7/2004 2:45:24 PM Nicrez wrote:

[with] such funds, it is easy to be devoted to the body and such...time (and loads of money) makes it all possible.

----------------

This is the exact mantra that my dear friend (American) cites a few times per week much to my dismay! Is it a very popular belief/saying/joke or what ?! Hope this does not sound wrong in any way - it is hard for me to understand these finer shades 'cross-cultural' relations I keep bumping into ...
----------------

Val,

I am not sure I follow what you mean, could you clarify? Thanks
4.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ana, if you are saying that only Americans take the time out to endulge in the body, like natural healing, etc, you'll laugh to know this doctor is Romanian....Studied in India, Asia, etc, all over. Actually he was assigned to be the personal doctor to the former dictator, Ceaucescu, and had been for many years, until he took leave to come to the US and never went back...

Now NYC has him and he's amazing...

But money will allow you to take care of yourself in ways that just time alone won't...manicure, pedicures, massages, expensive medicines, and expensive organic foods, pricey natural healers, and time and money for the best yoga and spiritual healers....Isn't life grand?
2.gif
naughty.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20 ct Asscher....wow! My eyes would have popped out of my head! I would have loved to see something like that in person.

I think the biggest diamond I have even seen on a woman up close was a sales assistant at Harrods. She had a 15 ct marquise that was huge! She was a tiny woman too.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oye! I'm sure I'd be in awe in person....but it didn't look gawdy?
confused.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
MMM,

On this person it did not look gawdy. She is an attractive taller than average person with the right bone structure (not too delicate) to pull off the 20 ct beauty!
appl.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 7/7/2004 3:46:07 PM icelady wrote:

----------------
On 7/7/2004 3:35:33 PM valeria101 wrote:

I am not sure I follow what you mean, could you clarify?

----------------

Actually, I am not sure myself - it is just that I've been hearing the same from my boyfriend (said in a sort of bitter way) and could not get it!

Nicrez, no, I do not think that those are US habits, but maybe there is more of a taste for such services? Or just some things I am used to consider free come at a price... I would rather think the last is true - my friend puts a price on what the European me considers welfare, quality of life, well, plainly free goods. He must think I am the most pampered person that walked the Earth
2.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I like big stones, but 20 cts is a bit ridiculous--IMO. I have friends who are EXTREMELY wealthy (old money (and make the wealthiest people in the world list)) yet they don't wear stuff like that. They have GORGEOUS 5-6 ct rings, but I don't see them ever wearing anything too large because it's just not classy. I could see the stone in a pendant for special occasions, but as a ring? Too much. While I love diamonds, I would rather use the money to support my favorite charity. Some things just seem a bit silly.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
"She is an attractive taller than average person with the right bone structure (not too delicate) to pull off the 20 ct beauty"

ICELADY- THERE IS JUST ONE THING YOU NEED TO DO THEN....
you must sabotage her pilates and give her a HUGE butt!!!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
MMM you are so funny!!!
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
AnA, when I say those kinds of things, it is because we are so image conscious in this country. You rarely see any but the most beautiful people on television or in the movies. Since I am of sound mind and average body, and because I do not have the money or the leisure time it could bring to work at making it an awesome body, I often make the kind of comment Nicrez did (I hope that I do not misspeak on your behalf Nic). I cannot know for sure what she meant by it, but the above reason is why I say those kinds of things. (Oh to be rich and have the time to just work on the perfect figure, sigh) just for an example.

Shay

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
ICELADY- THERE IS JUST ONE THING YOU NEED TO DO THEN....
you must sabotage her pilates and give her a HUGE butt!!!----------------

LOLOL! I love it.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
MMM you are hilarious (I second what she said!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results