shape
carat
color
clarity

Sold 2 x 0.68ct matched diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this extremely well-matched pair of 0.68ct diamonds from the fabulous mrs-b last month for a three-stone ring project but my local jeweler says my center stone (a colored gemstone I've had for some years) has two surface-reaching fractures which makes it unsuitable for setting in a ring...

These are gorgeous diamonds but unfortunately I don't have another center stone that works with 5.6mm round diamonds, and I don't wear earrings. I did consider doing a Toi et Moi ring (which these stones would be perfect for) but I prefer to do that with colored gemstones.

So I am parting with this pair and hope they end up with a PSer because they really are that special and high-performing!

Here's the link to my LT listing:
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...ing-2-x-perfectly-matched-0-dot-68ct-diamonds

As it may be helpful to some PSers, I am including links to mrs-b's PreLoved thread and her original LT listing
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-or-2-x-68-matched-diamonds.243231/
https://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/sold-selling-2-x-perfectly-matched-68ct-diamonds

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this extremely well-matched pair of 0.68ct diamonds from the fabulous mrs-b last month for a three-stone ring project but my local jeweler says my center stone (a colored gemstone I've had for some years) has two surface-reaching fractures which makes it unsuitable for setting in a ring...

These are gorgeous diamonds but unfortunately I don't have another center stone that works with 5.6mm round diamonds, and I don't wear earrings. I did consider doing a Toi et Moi ring (which these stones would be perfect for) but I prefer to do that with colored gemstones.

So I am parting with this pair and hope they end up with a PSer because they really are that special and high-performing!

Here's the link to my LT listing:
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...ing-2-x-perfectly-matched-0-dot-68ct-diamonds

As it may be helpful to some PSers, I am including links to mrs-b's PreLoved thread and her original LT listing
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-or-2-x-68-matched-diamonds.243231/
https://loupetroop.com/listings/bands/sold-selling-2-x-perfectly-matched-68ct-diamonds

MM -What size diamond do you think works for a center stone in a 3 stone ring with these stones. I’ve been toying with the idea of taking my ER diamond 1.49 carats J VS1 I think and putting it into a trellis. I’ve also been thinking about a 5 stone or 7 stone so I’m all over the board.

Thoughts? I’m sort of interested in these stones but am not sure of proportions.

CAF

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MM -What size diamond do you think works for a center stone in a 3 stone ring with these stones. I’ve been toying with the idea of taking my ER diamond 1.49 carats J VS1 I think and putting it into a trellis. I’ve also been thinking about a 5 stone or 7 stone so I’m all over the board.

Thoughts? I’m sort of interested in these stones but am not sure of proportions.

CAF

caf, my CS center stone is 7.6mm so paired with these 5.6mm diamonds I was basically replicating the proportions of the 3-stone depicted at the bottom in the photo below (which photo I think originally was posted by DS some years back, thanks DS!).

3-stone-ring-proportions-x1b-jpg.103334

FWIW, to my eyes, anything from 7mm to 9mm would look mighty fine paired with these diamonds and depending on the actual setting even smaller or larger likely would work.

Hope this helps, and do let me know if you have more questions.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@caf -

Since there were originally my stones, I can tell you what I was planning to put them with. I had planned to use them either side of a 1.5ct stone, but was thinking even up to a 1.6ct center stone.

@marymm -

I am SO SORRY these didn't work out for you! And yes, they're a beautiful matched pair and truly stunning stones with killer light performance. I hope these sell super fast; they're a great deal!

Good luck!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw. If I hadn’t just bought an almost exact similar pair!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@caf -

Since there were originally my stones, I can tell you what I was planning to put them with. I had planned to use them either side of a 1.5ct stone, but was thinking even up to a 1.6ct center stone.

@marymm -

I am SO SORRY these didn't work out for you! And yes, they're a beautiful matched pair and truly stunning stones with killer light performance. I hope these sell super fast; they're a great deal!

Good luck!

Thanks Mrs. B.

Thanks MM.

I am still pondering. I appreciate the information. It is most helpful.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Q

Queenie60

Just sent you an email via Loupetroop, please confirm that you received it. Thank you. Martha

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello there, I am interested as well. Please check your e mail.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*** purchase pending ***

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOLD - thank you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoever bought these - GREAT BUY! These used to be mine and they're GORGEOUS stones and a perfect match. If you're considering earrings they will be stunning. Or equally gorgeous as sides on a ring.

Congratulations!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Whoever bought these - GREAT BUY! These used to be mine and they're GORGEOUS stones and a perfect match. If you're considering earrings they will be stunning. Or equally gorgeous as sides on a ring.

Congratulations!

I can’t wait to get it! I am using it as earrings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results