shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Tranny/OEC's for sale, 5.86mm and 5.77mm

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Two loose old-cut diamonds for sale!

Transitional: I'm guessing this is an early transitional/late OEC based on the facet pattern, table, crown, and culet size. Gorgeous chunky facets with good light return and small culet, but still has a lovely med-high crown. More details in the listing, but specs are 85-points, 5.86 x 5.96 x 4mm (depth at 67.6%), and estimated to be a conservative L/M, SI3. This stone also exhibits med-strong fluorescence, but there's no milkiness or haze. $1300.

Bistro listing: http://diamondbistro.com/other/1225/seller.html

Transitional is on the left, with OEC in I-color, also for sale

Second stone to follow.......

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is lovely!!! :love:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Second stone for sale is a 77-point classic OEC, 5.77 x 5.71 x 3.81mm (depth is 66.3%). Face up, the color is a very white I/J, and as is common in old cuts, there are some very minor girdle 'bites', but none compromise the integrity of the stone, which is otherwise VS in quality. $1550

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1336685202|3192426 said:
that is lovely!!! :love:

Aww, thanks Skippy! :wavey: Such a shame I can't keep EVERY diamond, lol.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh baby, this is gorgeous! :love: :cheeky:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe these have not been snapped up! They are gorgeous and very well priced!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1336767197|3193289 said:
I can't believe these have not been snapped up! They are gorgeous and very well priced!

I really appreciate that Dreamer, and as good as they look in photos, they're even better in person! It's funny how projects go - I painstakingly collected 3 stones for some 20th anniversary bling, but I'm now realizing I'd rather go a different direction. Ahhh, the life of a PSer, lol.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cellentani said:

I really appreciate that Dreamer, and as good as they look in photos, they're even better in person! It's funny how projects go - I painstakingly collected 3 stones for some 20th anniversary bling, but I'm now realizing I'd rather go a different direction. Ahhh, the life of a PSer, lol.

Yep!! I have a .60 warm colored transitional sitting around, now I think I'm going in another direction.

Lol.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1336785415|3193537 said:

hee hee. I am the same. Obviously. :rolleyes: And happy anniversary! Twenty years is something worth celebrating! It is our fifth this year.

Do your two you are selling here work as studs? The sizes can't be so different in person, is the faceting different too obvious?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fantastic looking stones, lady..!! I hope a lucky PS'er gets them.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Mara|1336791269|3193595 said:
Fantastic looking stones, lady..!! I hope a lucky PS'er gets them.
Thanks so much Mara! Honestly, they'd make great mother's day pendants for anyone still looking!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1336787818|3193556 said:
cellentani|1336785415|3193537 said:

hee hee. I am the same. Obviously. :rolleyes: And happy anniversary! Twenty years is something worth celebrating! It is our fifth this year.

Do your two you are selling here work as studs? The sizes can't be so different in person, is the faceting different too obvious?
Thanks for the good wishes! Mr. Cellentani is a wonderfully patient man to put up with my PS madness, heheh. Congrats on your upcoming 5th - I suspect you may have similar good fortune in your spouse as well!

Funny you should ask about studs - I'm fairly particular about matching stones for earrings, and I generally wouldn't think that an OEC and a transitional would work, but in this case, the table size and crown heights are very similar. You're right that the diameters aren't that different, and even though the OEC has a slightly larger culet, it only shows in the macro photos - I can't see the open culets on either stone in person. There's obviously a color difference, but in earrings, it wouldn't be too noticeable.

Here's a more straight-on photo where it's easier to see the faceting of the 2 stones. Try to ignore all the brown tones - they were picking up a lot of color from the nearby drapes. :rolleyes:

IMG_0003.JPG

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Celle, these are very pretty stones! I can't believe they haven't sold yet. I was thinking they would look awesome flanking a CS! :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
The DB listing doesn't show - has it expired???

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks hlmr! :wavey: You and I definitely think alike as I've paired them with lots of different stones, just for fun! I think my favorite combo is one OEC flanked by a pair of tsavs or rubellites. I'll have to post some pics later!

Hi Enerchi, thanks for asking - yes, the listing expired, but the stones are still available. I think I priced them very reasonably - it probably just wasn't good timing, and they were only up for a week. I'm hoping to get some new photos for a second listing, but if anyone's interested, let me know and I'll put up the old listing right away for contact purposes.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend looking for an OEC with color J or better. Yours looks like a good fit. I'd like to share the pictures and details with her. I'll let you know! :)

ETA: How's the location of the girdle bites? Would it be possible to set in a Sholdt semi bezel and cover the bites? Thanks.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
audball|1337970263|3203705 said:
I have a friend looking for an OEC with color J or better. Yours looks like a good fit. I'd like to share the pictures and details with her. I'll let you know! :)

ETA: How's the location of the girdle bites? Would it be possible to set in a Sholdt semi bezel and cover the bites? Thanks.

Hi audball, thanks for thinking of my OEC! In all honesty, my concern about a semi bezel isn't because of the girdle bite placement (you can see them in the photos, and I think it should be fine), but because the girdle itself is very thin - you might want to ask a jeweler if that poses any potential risks. I almost had the girdle re-polished as it's the only thing keeping this stone from VS (or better) status, so that's always an option. Let me know if you need any more info!

audball

Ideal_Rock
cellentani|1337976148|3203790 said:
audball|1337970263|3203705 said:

Hi audball, thanks for thinking of my OEC! In all honesty, my concern about a semi bezel isn't because of the girdle bite placement (you can see them in the photos, and I think it should be fine), but because the girdle itself is very thin - you might want to ask a jeweler if that poses any potential risks. I almost had the girdle re-polished as it's the only thing keeping this stone from VS (or better) status, so that's always an option. Let me know if you need any more info!

Thanks cellentani. We'll still see what she thinks. My OEC had a knife edge girdle and BGD was able to rehab it to Thin-Med and it's now set in a Sholdt nice and safely. I don't think she should rule it out! :)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
bumping for the OEC that someone is looking for.....

GMAC

Shiny_Rock
Hi cellantani, in your humble opinion does the SI3 clarity eliminate this stone from being a good contenter for a ring center stone? Where are the inclusions located? Also, how is the girdle? Thanks!

GMAC

Shiny_Rock
The two of them at around 12:00ish?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
GMAC|1344730029|3249928 said:
Hi cellantani, in your humble opinion does the SI3 clarity eliminate this stone from being a good contenter for a ring center stone? Where are the inclusions located? Also, how is the girdle? Thanks!
Hi GMAC, sorry I just now saw this! The 5.86mm transitional OEC has sold, but the 5.77mm is still available, and I think it's much better than an SI3. As I mentioned in the original post, the girdle is thin, but I think it would make a fantastic center stone - in fact, it had been a center stone in a ring beforehand (solitaire), and I originally bought with the intention of making stud earrings or a 3-stone.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
cellentani|1344898006|3250885 said:
GMAC|1344730029|3249928 said:
Hi GMAC, sorry I just now saw this! The 5.86mm transitional OEC has sold, but the 5.77mm is still available, and I think it's much better than an SI3. As I mentioned in the original post, the girdle is thin, but I think it would make a fantastic center stone - in fact, it had been a center stone in a ring beforehand (solitaire), and I originally bought with the intention of making stud earrings or a 3-stone.
?

do you have a current db listing for this stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results