shape
carat
color
clarity

2 layer veil or 1?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking of getting veil to hang low on the head like the one in the photo (without the design at the bottom). my hair will be in an updo and the veil will rest underneath it. i wont have a part to go over the top of my head.

My question is, to me, one layer veils look lonely. Is it normal to have more then one layer if both are just going to hang down the back? the second layer would be slightly shorter then the bottom layer so it would be adding would be some texture/contrast. just curious if this will look alright. I have yet to see one in the store like this (my dress lady says she will make it for me custom ($65). is the reason i cant find one to try on that it just isnt customary?

Anyway, thoughts would be appreciated.

lower short viel1layer.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, well like you said it may be that one layer isn''t customary because the second layer or the blusher typically goes over your face. But the veil I bought at my bridal salon only had one layer, so I don''t necessarily think it is uncommon. I had to have them order one and add the second layer! So I think if you like the look it''d be fine. Would the lady be willing to add a second layer later if you changed your mind? This one has a design, but I think it looks like this is one layer for example: Edward Berger.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s definitely been done before, don''t worry! If you''d like to see some photos of what it could/might look like, Occansey Designs does all custom veils for a great price in whatever lengths, fullnesses, edgings, decoration, etc that you would like. Their gallery has a bunch of 2-layers to look at, too - they''re sorted by fullness. http://www.occanseydesigns.com/Gallery1/photogal2layer.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results