shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Good Books For Cat AND Dog Owners! (It''s been a tough week for PS pets!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hot4teacher

Rough_Rock
Since I saw the many posts about PS pets having a hard week, I thought I could suggest some reading that has helped me in my 2nd grade classroom. Even as a male teacher, I will get the sniffles as I read one of these to my kiddos. Usually I reserve them for when one of them has lost a loved pet and we''d read it together as a class. I always keep an extra copy of each one and I give it to the student so they can share it with their family and I let them keep it.

Happy Reading!

Cat Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
For Every Cat An Angel by Christine Davis

Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
For Every Dog An Angel by Christine Davis

"If pets don''t go to heaven, I want to go where they go."

Dana

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This book does not deal with pet loss, but it''s a wonderful story: It''s called "Just Like Heaven" by Patrick McDonnell. (He writes the comic strip called "Mutts".) Moochie the cat wakes up from a nap and finds himself in a fog. He isn''t sure where he is and wonders if he might be in heaven. Then he realizes that he''s in his regular neighborhood. It''s a great read.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s great that you do that for your students. I''ll probably need a copy when my furbaby is done ruling the roost.
2.gif
Hopefully not for a long while though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results