shape
carat
color
clarity

2 good 2 B tru? A free alternative to Photoshop?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone use Gimp?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It has a pretty steep learning curve but can do most things photoshop can do.
I never took the time to learn it.
Its free try it out.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have given up and only use the biggies now (MS and Adobe products and maybe a few from Apple). There are robust user communities where you can post questions. There are lots of books and online tutorials. There may even be product support from the software developer (think Apple and TurboTax). They do not fade away and become incompatible with the latest OS upgrade (although, come to think of it, both Apple and Adobe have done that to me, too).

Zarya

Rough_Rock
Anyone use Gimp?

Since 2004 or 2005. No point in my paying for anything when this does everything I need. No pop-ups or annoying ads -- it's just free (and open-source, which I like). There are tons of users, and therefore, lots of help and tutorials available online.

As far as gemstones, I find it very useful to color-correct overzealous vendor enhancement of gem photos.

P.S. Congrats on your marriage, and for being a fantastic source of knowledge (and humor) to PS over the years.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Zarya. :wavey:

Please tell admin I deserve a raise.

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i use gimp for home/personal stuff. photoshop is easier to use imho but the price is steep for occasional use. for really simple image editing there's photoshop express which is also free.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results