shape
carat
color
clarity

2.52 Vivid Dark Electric Blue Sapphire & Asscher Sapphire

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Listing some of my personal blue sapphire stash, to help pay for setting stones I have sitting around.....

Stunning 2.52 heat only electric blue Sri Lanka sapphire, the stone was hand selected by me specifically because of the vibrant vivid colour. The stone is a great bluff stone because on the hand it faces up like a 3.5+ carat sapphire, it is 8.50 x 7.18 x 4.91. For some unexplainable reason it faces on the hand almost as big as a 4.50+ carat blue sapphire I have.

First three photos are in a light box which amps up the colour of the stone, it is only that saturated in strong shop lighting but I include these photos so it is comparable to photos from vendors that take professional gemstone pics. Photos have not be enhanced in any way.
2.52 Sri Lanka Sapphire Lightbox 1 .JPG 2.52 Sri Lanka Sapphire Light Box 2.JPG 2.52 Sri Lanka Sapphire Light box 3.JPG

Photo 4 was taken outside in strong sunlight.
2.52 Sri Lanka Sapphire Outside 1.JPG

Outside in the shade;
2.52 Sri Lanka Sapphire Outside 2.JPG

The stone is a electric blue in dark lighting situations to a darker mid cornflower blue in strong lighting situations. It would be classified as a "cornflower" blue stone (it's twin colourwise (see videos) just came back from Lotus Lab and was designated "cornflower blue") but is what I would personally describe at the darker end of cornflower more into peacock blue in low lighting situations but not royal and never too dark in any lighting. This particular stone is pretty close to a trade ideal vivid electric blue up the darker end of what people classify as "cornflower." It is a lovely shade of blue IRL.

It has a white clear band or colour zoning as is typical of unheated sapphires that you can see upside down, that you can see on a tilt angle about 5% of the time.
2.52 Blue Sri Lanka sapphire back 1.JPG

Mostly face up you don't see it at all, but sometimes it appears like a small clear window in the stone. Set I think it will disappear. As a result what would normally be a $3500+ priced stone because of the colour and origin (Sri Lanka origin) is now $2500USD.

In light box;

Outside in the dappled shade (middle stone);

Inside strong fluorescent lighting;

Price is $2500USD plus $25.00 registered trackable shipping.
If you want full insurance on it, email me for price & details.

Contact Link my direct email is at the bottom of the LT listing;

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...-52-dark-vivid-electric-blue-cushion-sapphire

I have also reduced the price of a really stunning 2.05 velvety unheated untreated Blue Asscher sapphire, again from my personal stash and it is also a vivid dark electric blue in colour. Both stones are nicer colourwise than most of the sapphires I see listed for sale and have been handpicked by me for colour. This one is more per carat than the other stones listed for sale because it has not been heated or treated in any way and I paid substantially more for it than the other sapphires I have listed for sale. It is also difficult to find sapphires this colour in asscher cuts. The stone is 7.03 x 7.05 x 4.15.

First two photos are in a light box which amps up the colour the stone is only that saturated in strong shop lighting but I include these photos so it is comparable to photos from vendors that take professional gemstone pics.
2.05 Asscher Inside in Lightbox 2.JPG 2.05 Asscher Inside in Lightbox 1.JPG

Photos 3 and 4 Are taken outside in the shade in natural lighting situations.
2.05 Asscher outside in shade:natural light 1.JPG 2.05 Asscher Outside Natural Light 3.JPG

The stone is a electric blue in dark lighting situations to a mid cornflower blue in strong lighting situations. It would be classified as a "cornflower" blue stone but is what I would describe at the darker end of cornflower but not peacock and not royal so always a nice vivid shade of blue.

Light box;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNKmjLCiclE

Inside Kitchen Lighting;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpnydLkbxn0

Outside in dappled sunlight;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2F1BIUExXA

Light Box (all 3 are lovely stones all selected by me for their colour);

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8GsKJKwOHU

Was $3000USD, reduced to $2600USD.
Registered trackable shipping is $25.00USD.

LT Link my email is at the bottom of the listing;

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...sscher-beautiful-electric-blue-sapphire;27657

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that asscher cut - I'm not really into the whole coloured gemstones side of things (and it's probably better that I don't start looking at that slippery slope, given I don't have any money for any of the diamond bling that I want... :lol: ) but it is looooovely :love:

@Matthews1127 will probably like it too ;-) :)) and maybe even @diagem, as he posts some nice coloured stones on his Instagram!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that asscher cut - I'm not really into the whole coloured gemstones side of things (and it's probably better that I don't start looking at that slippery slope, given I don't have any money for any of the diamond bling that I want... :lol: ) but it is looooovely :love:

@Matthews1127 will probably like it too ;-) :)) and maybe even @diagem, as he posts some nice coloured stones on his Instagram!

Very beautiful! I love the color & the cut!!! :love:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's difficult to find Asscher cut sapphires in nice vivid colours these are both lovely stones, just attempting to thin the collection to pay for more stuff :whistle::lol:

Q

Queenie60

Hi @arkieb1 - I messaged you via loupe troop a few minutes ago as I may be interested in the sapphire. Thank you. Q

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daaaaaaamn if I had $ lying around, those sapphires are gorgeous Arkie! :love:

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I emailed you about the cushion!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cushion has been sold, I have just reduced the price of the Asscher from $3000 down to $2400 this is way less than what I paid for this sapphire. It cost me more than the others because it is unheated and untreated. New photos of it in a lightbox to replicate shop lighting or strong office or business lighting;
Asscher Sapphire LIght Box 2.JPG Asscher Sapphire Light Box 1.JPG
Indoors in low or poor lighting;
Asscher Sapphire Indoors natural LIghting 2.JPG

Outside in or near strong Aussie sunlight;

Asscher Sapphire Outdoors Natural Lighting 1.jpg

The stone does have some scattered inclusions I can see on close inspection when held up in tweezers in full sunlight, most of the time you will not see them and on the hand I don't notice them. This stone would look amazing in a CVB style halo with or without an airline gap...

it will best suit someone looking for something not quite as dark as royal but darker than what most Americans think of as cornflower (think somewhere between the two in a nice blue and you have the colour). It is super difficult to find nice gemstones in asscher cuts. I'm only selling it because I own several other sapphires and I have seen something else I want to buy, plus I want to raise funds to set some of the stones I already own.

New LT link;

https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...uced-2-dot-05-blue-untreated-asscher-sapphire

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results