shape
carat
color
clarity

1st time diamond buyer need help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
I recently wrote on here about diamonds and th help was fantastic......This particualr diamond was certified by the EGL and i know that they are light on grading now (thanks for the help by the way), but i received a picture and i was wondering what you guys thought and if this was a good price...Also i am looking for 1 carat that with the band (regualar 4 prong tiffanys setting in white gold) and with tax would end up at about 5000-5200....If you can offer any help that would be fantastic..... Thanks so much

1.25ct H in color and VVS2 in clarity, EGL Certified for $4,469.00 Princess Cut
The measurements are 6.02 X 6 X 4.29
71.5% depth
73%% table width
6% crown height
63% pavillion
Thin gridle
polish and symmetry very good

Pretty or no.jpg

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Can you avoid the tax by having the stone sent to a relative or something out of state?

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
Thanks for looking it a big help...Well that ones a bit much becasue with the setting and tax i would cost to much....I mean somone above asked about if you send it somewere else there would not be tax but i am not sure....More help from anyone please would be great :razz:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
first stone is too dark.

whiteflash stone looks nice.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 7:26:29 PM
Author: amaninbush
Thanks for looking it a big help...Well that ones a bit much becasue with the setting and tax i would cost to much....I mean somone above asked about if you send it somewere else there would not be tax but i am not sure....More help from anyone please would be great :razz:
I don''t know enough about princess cuts to judge the diamond you posted and for this reason, if it were me, I''d stick to a diamond with an AGS light return cert.

Please correct me if I am wrong but as I read your post, your budget is $5000-$5200 and you would like a tiffany style wg setting . . . a setting like that runs about $300, see this one
http://www.whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=ST4PPRPT&CategID=13

So that leaves you with about $4900 for the diamond which the one I posted is . . .
http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-45612.htm $4853 with PS discount

As far as tax, do you live in Texas? I assume you do because with WF, there is no tax if you live out of state.
Just some things to consider.

I am sure somebody who is more in the know about princesses will answer about your WF diamond link.

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
WOW! Thanks so much for the help !!!! I had no idea if you were out of state that there was no tax i am in CA...Also what is the PS discount??

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 10:58:22 PM
WOW! Thanks so much for the help !!!! I had no idea if you were out of state that there was no tax i am in CA...Also what is the PS discount??
Sure, no problem.
Just tell them you are a Pricescope member and ask for the discount . . . for an ACA diamond, it is 5% and so you will pay the price I listed there. You have to bank wire the money for the discount but it is safe and easy, we did exactly that.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d totally go for the H SI1 (size). Don''t forget that Ideal Scope and ASET is only 1 (face on) view.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I''d go for the H SI1 also. It is bigger and the inclusion looks potentially eye-clean, just ask them.

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
Ok so i spoke with Katie at Whiteflash and here are all the details let me know what yu guys think.....

Princess Cut diamond ACA

1.104 Carat H SI1 completly eye clean
AGS Ideal
5.66x5.61x4.17
Depth 74.3%
Table 70.8%
Crown 11.9%
Crown Angle 41.4
Pavillion Angle 40.2
Pavillion 60%
Gridle Thin to Medium
Polish and Symmetry Ideal
Light Preformance 0
No Fluorescence
Cost including shipping $4,853 with 4 prong tiffany''s setting total cost $5,134.....Good price and quility??? Link below:razz:

Here is the link with all the light testing and ideal testing let me know what you all think

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-45612.htm

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 1:34:57 PM
Ok so i spoke with Katie at Whiteflash and here are all the details let me know what yu guys think.....

Princess Cut diamond ACA

1.104 Carat H SI1 completly eye clean
AGS Ideal
5.66x5.61x4.17
Depth 74.3%
Table 70.8%
Crown 11.9%
Crown Angle 41.4
Pavillion Angle 40.2
Pavillion 60%
Gridle Thin to Medium
Polish and Symmetry Ideal
Light Preformance 0
No Fluorescence
Cost including shipping $4,853 with 4 prong tiffany''s setting total cost $5,134.....Good price and quility??? Link below:razz:

Here is the link with all the light testing and ideal testing let me know what you all think

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-45612.htm
You done good . . . looks great to me and within budget, yes? GREAT

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
THANKS SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP IT HAS BEEN FANTASTIC!!!
25.gif

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Sorry If I'm hijacking but it looks like the thread is pretty much over --

Hikerchick I have seen your Avatar off on the left side with the bluish diamond and I think it is so cool -- is that really yours? What type of diamond is it?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 6:36:38 PM
Author: kev_800
Sorry If I''m hijacking but it looks like the thread is pretty much over --

Hikerchick I have seen your Avatar off on the left side with the bluish diamond and I think it is so cool -- is that really yours? What type of diamond is it?
THANKS !!! Yes, it is mine (well, soon to be mine . . . after my BF proposes).
That is a picture trying to capture the surreal glacial blue color the diamond turns when the sunlight hits it . . . the diamond has strong blue fluorescence and I was trying to capture the effect of that in the sunlight.

Thanks again for the compliment kev.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results