shape
carat
color
clarity

1ST IDJ EXPERIENCE

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
...and so the time has come! A few weeks back I commissioned IDJ for a custom Diamond Cross Pendant. The order is set to be completed sometime this week and I couldn't be more excited to see the finished product after three long "agonizing" weeks (more so because of anticipation). I figured I'd bide my time by writing about my experience so far. I am hopeful to join the chorus of awesome reviews and will post my final review under "Testimonials" and of course under SMTB!!!

Adding Specs: 2.2ctw set in Platinum, eleven 20 pointers, FVS - Ideal cuts

The Phone Call- I contacted IDJ three Sundays ago and reviewed my order with Joey sending her pics of the desired cross.

The Visit - The very next day I visited IDJ in NYC as I work nearby. I was able to meet the team and everyone was so warm and welcoming in a very authentic way. I spoke with Israel about the exact specifics. He totally understood what I was trying to accomplish and committed to involving me in the process at each stage...AND he kept his word!!

The Stages - After one week I received a CAD rendering of the cross and it was EXACTLY what I asked for! As per standard issue once the CAD was approved it was sent to the caster to create a wax rendering. By the second week I was able to see and approve the wax sample. That brings us to present day and I couldn't be more anxious!! See pics below of each stage. I will of course post the actual cross once it's completed.
image_1050.jpg image_1049.jpg image_1048.jpg image_1051.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo I'm so excited for your Smtb!!! Soon, right?

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Sometime this week!! Thanks PB -- you and Queenie60 helped walk me off the ledge early in the process!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Post more pics when you get it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited for you! It's going to be STUNNING! :appl:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see this once it's finished! And lovely choice in verse as well. ;-)

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the Warm remarks! As you can imagine, I'm OOZING with anticipation!! :dance:
Can't wait to post pics!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that! It is going to be an amazing piece, and Micah 6:8 is one of my favorite verses. I love that engraving on the back.

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Thanks luv2sparkle! This will be an everyday piece (or as Phoenix would say a "forever" piece). This verse will be a daily reminder...
Haven't heard anything since approving the wax sample last Wednesday. I definitely have to follow up! Stay tuned everyone!

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
UPDATE: Just spoke to Joey who confirmed w/Israel that the piece will be finished on Friday (Monday at the latest). :pray:
This is a very special piece so It's going to be a looonnnnggggg weekend if it's not done by Friday :(.

I asked Joey to send pics of the setting when available. I'll post that as well! "Breathe & Sigh"

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Is it Monday yet? Sigh...

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do a lot of stuff this weekend to force it to fly by :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
QueenFVS|1472256127|4070394 said:
Is it Monday yet? Sigh...

:lol: :lol: :lol: But if it is done on Monday when will you get it by?

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Thanks PB- it's a beautiful day out so that helps!
Tyty333 - I work within walking distance of IDJ's showroom!

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Saw the cross today - it shipped via FedEx overnight so I'll have it tomorrow.

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
UPDATE: Overall the cross was beautiful (see pics!). The Diamond specs however, appraised lower than FVS1 (GHSI) which was a concern based on some of the more critical IDJ reviews - so that's being corrected. Again beautifully done cross. Exhausting (4) weeks - more to come stay tuned! Happy Labor Day Weekend Everyone!!

image_4449.jpg
image_4450.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful cross, and based on my IDJ experience, they will make it right for you.

For your convenience in the future, you can always have them drop it off, or you drop it off at David Wolf's for appraisal prior to shipping so you don't have to deal with the hassle of receiving it by fedex then appraising, then bringing back. That way, if anything needs to be corrected, it can be done prior to shipping.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful cross. IDJ will make it right for you! Congratulations. :love:

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Thanks PintoBean! I generally use D. Wolf post purchase (he appraised my two eternity rings + tennis bracelet). A pre-purchase appraisal makes the most sense. Thanks for that bit of advice!

Queenie60 - thank you as well! Trust me - I'm rooting for an awesome final cross! :pray:

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
UPDATE: should be seeing an updated wax sample tomorrow. Completion of the revised cross would be next Friday. I hope the 2nd pass turns out well. It's been a long 5 weeks :wall:

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
...aaaaand we're back! I received my revised Cross Pendant last Thursday and I couldn't be more PLEASED!!!!!!
The cross executed with impeccable perfection and the diamonds are bright, white and excellent cut! Final specs are 2.44ctw slightly above the original 2.2 carat request. Here's one pic - more to come via SMTB!!! image_1117.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results