shape
carat
color
clarity

19 days left till our wedding and a few questions help please !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
1- Should we have a centerpiece on out sweetheart table ?

2- Have any ideas how to go about traveling with my gown?

3- Is a rehearsal hair make trail that important? and will it run me about the same price as for the day.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
1. Your bouquet could serve as the floral on the table. Idea I saw for the first time recently...the doc put it upright in a water glass.

2. Sorry...no ideas, but lots of luck

3. IMO It''s only important to do a hair trial if you need to suss out the expertise of your stylist or have difficult to manage hair.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:44:39 AM
Author:blissfulbride
1- Should we have a centerpiece on out sweetheart table ?

2- Have any ideas how to go about traveling with my gown?

3- Is a rehearsal hair make trail that important? and will it run me about the same price as for the day.
1) you dont NEED to have a centerpiece for the sweetheart table
2) geez, no ideas on that one, sorry
3) do you mean, is a makeup trial necessary? or do you mean make up for your rehersal dinner?
I would say a makeup trial is VERY VERY important! i had one that was a disaster - and i thank god everyday i did that trial because if i had not and that girl did my makeup for my wedding i would have DIED. it was aweful -
so yes a makeup trial is very important - just to be sure. the price is usually about 1/2 or 1/4 of wedding day makeup cost

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think the bride''s posy as a centrepiece sounds like a great idea! (not sure what a sweetheart table is, but anyway...)

Doesn''t the gown come in a special zip bag, with the petty coat (if you have one) also in a travel zip bag? Just hoist them over your shoulder and go! Carry on luggage, and if you''re lucky, the airhostess (presuming you''re travelling to your wedding) will put them in a hanging cupboard for the journey.

I would do a rehearsal if you want, especially for the makeup. I did my own makeup, so it was okay, but if I had hired someone else, I would really like to see what the girl has in mind. Also, some make-up artiists are really not very good at their job, and some can even be incredibly inexperienced as well, you should suss her out first.

Regarding hairdressers, again, some are great colourists, some do great cuts, and some to fantastic updos! The best updos for me are from a woman who did her apprenticeship in the early 1960s. She is a farking genius!! Unfortunately, she did not do my hair at the wedding. The women who did my hair at the wedding were my age, apprenticed in the age of down dos, and were not good at updos.
20.gif
but we muddled through. They were much better and more confident with the curled down dos that the BMs were wearing though! My BMs looked great!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Not sure about everything but I think your bouquet would look great as a centerpiece. Get on of those short square vases, if your flowers aren''t long, or a taller one if they are.

I would definitely recommend you having a make up/har trial before. I happen to have very difficult hair to work with so I wouldn''t trust anyone on the day of.

enfianced

Shiny_Rock
Regarding 2), if you are flying, the flight attendants are usually cool about accommodating you (and your dress) by giving you extra overhead bin space. I flew from Chicago to San Fran for my wedding on Southwest and they were so nice. Even gave the groom and me a bottle of champagne for the flight and made me a peanut pack/trash bag/straw veil to wear. Pretty funny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results