shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege three stone with old cuts

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to create this thread to thank the people who helped us in our original thread: Yssie, Gemfever, Mandasand, Rosebloom, Packrat, distracts, Laraonline, TravelingGal, & starrylight, as well as all the other posters on this forum whose threads we have read and have been so helpful to us and to other people! Your help was invaluable.

Here is our original thread for reference:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-oec-three-stone-ring.182220/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-oec-three-stone-ring.182220/[/URL]

Basically, we wanted to create a three stone engagement ring combining some family heirloom stones (an OEC probably circa 1920s, and two significantly older small OMCs.)

We visited each of the NYC vendors recommended on our thread, and they were all great recommendations--I would not hesitate to recommend them in the future to friends. However, the clear winner for our project was Leon Mege. What immediately differentiated him was that he was right away so interested in brainstorming ideas collaboratively with us for the project. Unlike many people on the boards, we didn't come in with a fully formed idea, and he was really interested in figuring out how to make it work, and inventing a new design he had not done before.

We initially thought we would do bezels to protect the stones. After examining the stones, Leon pointed out that the smaller stones, which are much older and slightly "beat up," would definitely need to be protected, but that he thought that the larger stone would have its beauty shown off best in a prong setting. We also needed to figure out a way to even out the proportions of the stones. Therefore, he suggested beadsetting the smaller stones into a cushion shape, and prong-setting the larger stone. This also gave a nod to antique style without being overly ornate, which is something else we wanted.

Overall, we felt that Leon really listened to our needs and aesthetic preferences and was great to brainstorm and work collaboratively with. I had some very specific requests about the gallery which he completed beautifully. Additionally, he was very flexible with us--once we were mistakenly very late to meet with him and he was really accommodating, and he dealt very well with all of our anxieties about the sentimental value of our stones (which far exceeds the monetary value).

As you can see from our previous thread, we only have camera phones and our picture taking skills are abysmal, so for now I will link to Leon's video, even though the ring looks so much better in person!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp9fJvCvhmg

justginger

Ideal_Rock
What an incredibly gorgeous, sentimental ring - the combo of bezel/prong set turned out wonderfully! :appl:

And the cut of the center stone is absolutely lovely. :love:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
It's breathtaking! Can't wait to see hand shots! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! I look forward to seeing the hand shots too. I love the milgrain it is so delicate!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! I can't wait to see profile and hand shots!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique and beautiful three stone ring--never seen anything like it before! It's gorgeous!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh wow!!! I can't wait to see handshots! Congrats!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is stunning! I had a similar design with a sapphire center and bezeled side stones in cushion shape. Mine is more modern though, as it is a RHR for me and I wanted more clean vs vintage. But your ring is perfect! I love it!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing and sentimental piece! The design is just gorgeous.

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple unmasterful cell phone shots--I am really good at blocking the light, but not at getting any of the brightness or fire in the diamonds to show. Anyway, I hope they give you a sense. The profile is my favorite part--it has a really light and airy feeling that I love. You can't really tell in the picture but there's extraordinarily delicate tiny milgraining around the tiny single cut diamonds on each side of the profile. It's that kind of attention to detail that makes the ring really feel special. Thanks for all your kind words.

oec_ering_side_view.jpg

oec_ering_on_hand.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is just stunning. Wow!!! What a ring! Definitely an heirloom. Congrats!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Oh My!!! I think I may have swooned watching your video. What a masterpiece! Congratulations!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It turned out gorgeous!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, and I like that he addressed the issues with the cushions. The millegrain is so delicate.

SCrane

Rough_Rock
That is unique and incredibly lovely. Absolutely stunning!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Turned out beautifully!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Love the cushion shaped sides. Looks fabulous on your hand! So glad you had such a good experience :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Well done!!! Very beautiful!

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!! The handshot is breathtaking !!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results