shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity or Color...which is better?

Jeff42

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
Looking for a modified round brilliant cut diamond (my girlfriend likes the look of the extra faceted diamonds) and I've narrowed it down between two diamonds (both Jubilant Crown Diamonds with 73 facets)...one is a .68 carat I SI1 and the other is a .71 carat H SI2. What is more important when it comes to the higher faceted diamonds, clarity or color?

Thanks in advance!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
There are few truly eye-clean SI2 stones nowadays, but assuming that it is eyeclean, I'd take the larger stone and higher color over the I and SI1. If the dimensions of that cut can vary, also take into account the face-up size, which is the surface area, too.

I have an SI2 with a dark garnet color speck directly under that table. It's all but invisible except under certain lighting and certain tilt, at which point it jumps out at you, haha. It doesn't bother me at all, but there are probably a lot of women who would not tolerate that in an e-ring. Rock that SI2 stone around and view it from all sides and angles and in office lighting. Today's SI2 was called an I-1 8 or 9 years ago. It's hard to find an eyeclean SI2 now.

SVerma

Rough_Rock
Trade
Major assumption is all other parameters such as proportions, symmetry and polish being same. And price difference is not to be considered. Then as for me i would prefer SI 1, I color 0.68 ct.
Both the stones have one grade difference in color and clarity. Since its a appreciable size and one low in color may not be as significant as one grade low in clarity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results