shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought "natural blue akoya" pearls

emmy88

Rough_Rock
I have been considering getting the blue akoya pearl pendant/earrings from Pearl Paradise. Has anyone gotten those from them? Are they really "blue"? The picture on their website only shows a tiny hint of blue. They actually look more silver than blue. Would appreciate feedback from those who have bought the akoya blue pearls. Thanks.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I have not purchased the blue akoyas from PP, but I can say that blue akoyas are very silvery white with an iridescent blue overtone to them.

Hope this helps!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes,I have. Several years ago I bought a blue baroque akoya necklace and round blue akoya earrings from PP. They are light blue not silver. Mine have a baby blue body color with a pink overtone to them that is breath taking. When I wear hot pink it even brings it out more. I have gone to PP show room and seen the Madama blue akoyas that are certified and round. All of them are natural color without enhancements. There is a color range of the blue. akoyas. I do have silver body T's with an aqua overtone and there is quite a difference between silver body and the light blue body color. The two would not be mistaken for each other. Overtone and body color are two very different things.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I also purchased two strands of the baby blue baroque akoya's from PP when 4 Ranch Girl did. They are baby blue with a pink overtone. They match the baby blue Tahitian pendant I recently purchased and are not silver.

th_blue_edited-1.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps the blue akoyas I have seen are not really "blue" per the true definition? All of the blues I've seen look to have a very silver body color with strong cool blue overtones. They remind me of some tahitian colors as you suggest 4RG.

Now my curiosity is piqued with the PP blues. They sound lovely!

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your feedback. Sounds like I should call them and talk to them about the degree of blue before ordering. On their current website, the blue Akoya has a "silver blue" body order but it does not show a choice for overtone.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My Blue Akoyas look just like the ones in Nacre Lovers photos.

K9 the pearls you have seen would be silver body with blue overtone which is diferent than a blue body. Granted there is always a range of color.

Emmy it is always best to call with questions. Mother's Day is next month so there usually is a discout code or special to look forward to. Happy shopping.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I have blue silver baroque akoyas from PP. They really are blue. I have seen the natural round blue akoyas only in pictures on PP. They must be amazing in person. I think I heard someone say the color was subtle.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
These are my baroques. I didn't have time to get a really good photo cause I'm running around a lot this morning. But you can see they have pink overtones with a silver blue body. I think they look very blue when I'm wearing them.

These were from the first batch of these PP had a few years back.

bluepearls.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased the blue baroque akoyas in 8.5-9 mm last fall from pearl paradise and they are quite blue. I really love them. I have no point of comparison with tahitians or regular silver blue akoyas though.

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone for your feedback. I took advantage of the 20% off Mother's Day coupon and order a blue akoya pearl pendant from Pearl Paradise today. I talked to Mia and asked her to pick one that looked "most blue" to her. She said it has a silver overtone. I thought I would take a chance and order it. If it does not look blue enough to me, then I can always return it.

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Please post pictures when you receive your pendant! I am also taking advantage of the sale and ordering the baroque akoya strand for my birthday. I will post pictures as well!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
This is my baroque, 20" 9/9.5mm. I got them about 10 months ago. LOVE them.

IMGP1893.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results