shape
carat
color
clarity

Yet another OEC thread

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have another contender on the table. 2.89 GIA L SI1, 8.71 x 8.76 x 5.46, table 51%, depth 62.5% with a price at around upper 15K. The 3.09 GIA M VS1 is a gorgeous stone but at 23K, I need to look at all close options. I don't mind the down in size, the upscale in color is a plus, the vendor reports 100% eye clean SI1. Should I have concerns in regards to the girdle being slightly thick to very thick?
Any thoughts on the GIA report info?

I have a video but fear to post because someone could snatch it up you know.

2.89ct. OEC.png

2.89 OEC picture.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Fair" symmetry always makes me pause and look extra close - so maybe a bad photo or the stone is tilted or I'm imagining things, but is the culet off-center?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1328578139|3120531 said:
"Fair" symmetry always makes me pause and look extra close - so maybe a bad photo or the stone is tilted or I'm imagining things, but is the culet off-center?

You are right, vendor says it is off a little but is common in OECs

ZahraLeyla

Shiny_Rock
I think the off-centre culet would probably distract me a little bit, but these older stones usually have their quirks, so it just depends on whether you could put up with it or not. However, I still prefer the 3.09ct M compared to this - I think it has a nicer facet pattern.

Sorry, that was probably no help at all!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think none of us can be much help at this point. All we can really assess is if the price is fair (check), the stone has decent looking faceting (check) and is worth seeing in person (check).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results