shape
carat
color
clarity

17-Year-Old Syrian Refugee Carried His Puppy 500km To Greece

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
http://www.boredpanda.com/syrian-refugee-aslan-puppy-rose-500-km-greece-lesbos/

Aslan, a 17-year-old Syrian refugee who fled to the Greek island of Lesbos, didn’t complete the 500km (310mi) journey alone – he had his little puppy named Rose for company.
In an interview with the UN’s Refugee Agency filmed on Lesbos, Aslan, in broken English, explains his relationship with the dog; “I love this dog. I need [her.]” Besides his backpack, he also has a carrier for Rose, and even made her a passport!
Given the many dark and tragic events that have come out of the Syrian refugee crisis, it’s nice to see a story full of hope and compassion. We wish Aslan and Rose a safe journey!

Q

Queenie60

Re: 17-Year-Old Syrian Refugee Carried His Puppy 500km To Gr

What a beautiful story, thank you for sharing. :love:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

This is so sweet

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think all humans should be replaced by doggies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love this, thank you for sharing rockinruby. :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This refugee should be made most welcome here :appl: or anywhere. This is the kind of person who will be an asset and contribute positive things to the community.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The relationship between man and dog is something that should not be underrated. I remember before there was a more widespread homeless program for veterans, one of the patients in a study, the social worker was getting very impatient with him. He was homeless and lived in his car with his dog, his only family and best friend. The social worker would set up apartments for him on the condition he get rid of the dog (pet-free apartments) and he would decline, continue to live in his car. She could not understand why he refused placement. I myself felt frustration, if being with his dog is that important to him, make acommodations so his dog could move in with him!!! I think they are more flexible with these things now.

One of the programs I am supporting this year is called vets to vets, pairing puppies who need homes, with veterans who could use healing.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:halo: :love: That is so sweet! I'd rather him than some of the animal abusing Aholes we already have here!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Aww, what a lovely story! Thanks for sharing! That is one cute puppy!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

That is so sweet. Never underestimate the human/animal bond!

When my son comes home from college on breaks, first thing he does in the house is to find and snuggle our 2 cats. Before he says hi to his brother and sisters! He misses them so much and asks me all the time to send him pics and videos of our cats.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results