shape
carat
color
clarity

The Never Ending Saga

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stomp

Rough_Rock
For those of you that may recall, I was considering a beautiful 1.27 ct. D, SI1 that scored a 1.0 Ex/Ex/Ex/VG on the cut advisor. Price was $8,700. I even did a "Does size matter" poll, and IIRC the slight winner was no (but my question wasn''t all encompassing). Last Thread

Well anyways, I went to look at it again today and it was just as beautiful as ever - but this time I brought a good friend of mine w/ me. She''s a bit older (20 yrs my senior
rodent.gif
), but as "with it" as they come
naughty.gif

So anyways, we looked at a number of stones and I switched...the new one is as follows (though I forgot to get the dimensions of the stone itself).

1.78 ct.
VS1
H
Depth: 62.5
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 34
Pavilion Angle: 40.75
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle: - Med to Slightly Large
Good to Very Good (Don''t know what - but whatever it was was)
Price: 11,800

I really did like the pureness of the D colored 1.27, but the reality was when I took it away from the white background or from being right next to the other stones, I could barely tell the diff between the D and this H (though next to each other you can). I figured what the hell - what''s another $3K for the girl I love
love.gif
. The diamond looks great and I think it should fit just fine on her little 4.25 finger

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/12/2004 6:32:43 PM Stomp wrote:

For those of you that may recall, I was considering a beautiful 1.27 ct. D, SI1 that scored a 1.0 Ex/Ex/Ex/VG on the cut advisor. Price was $8,700. I even did a 'Does size matter' poll, and IIRC the slight winner was no (but my question wasn't all encompassing). Last Thread

Well anyways, I went to look at it again today and it was just as beautiful as ever - but this time I brought a good friend of mine w/ me. She's a bit older (20 yrs my senior
rodent.gif
), but as 'with it' as they come
naughty.gif

So anyways, we looked at a number of stones and I switched...the new one is as follows (though I forgot to get the dimensions of the stone itself).

1.78 ct.
VS1
H
Depth: 62.5
Table: 58%
Crown Angle: 34
Pavilion Angle: 40.75
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle: - Med to Slightly Large
Good to Very Good (Don't know what - but whatever it was was)
Price: 11,800

I really did like the pureness of the D colored 1.27, but the reality was when I took it away from the white background or from being right next to the other stones, I could barely tell the diff between the D and this H (though next to each other you can). I figured what the hell - what's another $3K for the girl I love
love.gif
. The diamond looks great and I think it should fit just fine on her little 4.25 finger
----------------

H vs1 is an ex combo ,if you can live with it.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah, nothing like an older woman's eye. Your GF should be thrilled.

Stomp

Rough_Rock
Vtigger - I take it you're talking about the combo between the cleanliness of a VS1 but the less-desireable color of H??? I'll admit I was a bit hesitant at first, but the truth of the matter is I could hardly tell (if at all) the difference when I saw them sitting (or balancing) in the setting. As I stated earlier, the only time I really noticed was setting them head-to-head vs. each other. The size diff, however, was very noticeable....so the rest is history.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/13/2004 1:41:58 AM Stomp wrote:

Vtigger - I take it you're talking about the combo between the cleanliness of a VS1 but the less-desireable color of H??? I'll admit I was a bit hesitant at first, but the truth of the matter is I could hardly tell (if at all) the difference when I saw them sitting (or balancing) in the setting. As I stated earlier, the only time I really noticed was setting them head-to-head vs. each other. The size diff, however, was very noticeable....so the rest is history.

----------------

Stomp
H color is an ex value i'll take it any day,like you say without laying the d side by side it's hard to tell the differenc ,once its set even harder to tell ,as for clarity i would not go better than vs 1 with a gia or ags cert.

kkeen15

Shiny_Rock
Numbers are great! 1.2 or 1.3 on HCA. Sure its a beauty! I applaud you for being more objective/realistic about color- G-H-I colored stones are almost indistinguishable from D-E-F in most normal situations by most people! Your girl will LOVE the size difference also!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Stomp,

It seems you did it again, this stone is EX/EX/EX/VG!

Looks like a great choice, congratulations!

bling

Shiny_Rock
wow! for the extra half carat..i may have to go with the H. the numbers still look very good..although you may want to just check the good and very good..which i think referes to polish and symetry. dont think you could see the difference visually, and i dont recall what it was on the other stone you were looking at. but an H will face up beautifully white on a well cut stone. I have a friend who went with an H to get alitte more size and its gorgeous! i recently purchased a pair of earrings, ideal cut, but an I, and its still super white.
i think the size is great..and your GF will be thrilled.
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results