shape
carat
color
clarity

Novo ring - is the band too thick? Help??

novo bling

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone

I love love love the Tiffany Novo ring and my partner had a similar ring made however with a round diamond. I had a fitting today and I think the band it too thick? What do you think? I love the thin band on the nova - which is 2mm. This one is 2.3mm however the diamonds on the side are much large thus making the band look thicker. I can get it changed to leave it as it is. The centre diamond is 2C - do you think the thicker band and larger diamonds on the side take away from the stone? Thanks!!

tiffany-novo.jpg

IMG_0134.JPG

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks beautiful just the way it is, that is a huge center stone you would have to have very large side stones to take away from it!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think is looks beautiful on you, but if you are not happy with it, change it while you can. I would go and try on the tiffany next
to it and see what you think. Then you would be sure.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it the way it is, but don't talk yourself into anything you aren't100% happy with. :wavey:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
What wedding band are you planning to wear with it? If it's another diamond band, I'm going to say that the set will take away from the center stone.

If you think it's too thick now, though, I'd have it changed. I've found that things that bothered me initially with my ring just became magnified in my mind over time.

Gorgeous ring, whatever you choose to do!

lovinbling

Rough_Rock
I think it's perfection! But also agree with the others, you have to be 100% sure with your decision!

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks perfect just the way it is~ even if you put a band with it. You have beautiful hands/fingers that can handle the
size/thickness in my opinion. Lovely ring!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I think it is absolutely beautiful. I don't think it is too much, even if you had a matching band. I personally wouldn't change it, but YOU have to love it, not me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the proportions on the Novo are beautiful, so I would want the 2mm, personally, especially if you plan to have the matching diamond wedding band.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful but I think if it were me, I would go a little thinner. It sounds like you're not happy with it the way it is and it will continue to bother you, so my advice is to make the change, especially if you are going to be wearing the matching band with it.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks great!! The diamond to band ratio looks perfect to me.

novo bling

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments, they are very helpful. I love the ring and think the band width is fine - it is only 0.3 thicker - I was just concerned that the bigger side diamonds might make the ring loose the danity look that the novo band has and which is what I originally loved about it. Basically the novo band has very small dot diamonds and more of the white gold in the band showing, whereas the one is have is mostly all diamonds on the side and no white gold showing - thus much shinier. I have photoshopped my ring with the novo band to see the difference - let me know what you all think. (sorry I know I am being a pain and my partner says there is no diference but I want it to be perfect and ensure that it still looks dainty like the novo rather than a regular band)

novoband.gif

stci

Ideal_Rock
My fav is the real one!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1302455910|2892625 said:
What wedding band are you planning to wear with it? If it's another diamond band, I'm going to say that the set will take away from the center stone.

If you think it's too thick now, though, I'd have it changed. I've found that things that bothered me initially with my ring just became magnified in my mind over time.

Gorgeous ring, whatever you choose to do!

This! The things that I thought would grow on me, only got worse as time passed. It's how I've ended up with 3 different wedding bands so far (and we're not even married yet).

I think it's beautiful as it is now, but it's not about our opinion, it's about your feel for it.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go for the skinnier band, although not necessarily one that shows more gold rather than diamonds.

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I think it doesn't look like the novo but it still looks very beautiful. Why don't you tell us more about the center stone?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I find that the setting looks bulky and not delicate. Then again, I don't even think the Novo looks delicate - it has a lot of metal to me.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I am basically seconding others sentiments: I don't really think the band looks very delicate--while I think the ring is beautiful, and it looks fantastic on your hand--it's all about how you feel about the ring. If you love the look of a very thin, delicate band, maybe you are better off going for the.3mm thinner band? If you're not sold on it now, there is no guarantee that it will grow on you later... Go with what YOU LOVE!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results