shape
carat
color
clarity

14k Lohengrin engraved wedding band

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I''m now the proud new owner of a 14k engraved Lohengrin wedding band, and was wondering if anyone can help me narrow down the decade it probably came from. It came in a cute vintage box, but I''m not sure if the box is original.

454lohengrin5.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the box it came in, and a hand shot for perspective.

Would you consider it to have an orange blossom pattern?

454lohengrin4.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks similar to this 1948 design

454lohenadv2june1948.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Here's a better pic of the same model.

454lohenadv3oct1948.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sandiegolady ! Your new avatar is super cute!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
so pretty!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea but I have to say I love it! So pretty.

Keeksy

Rough_Rock
Hi HopeDream!

What a pretty band! I have also had a Lohengrin band for some time now and have been wondering about its history. Mine is also 14K and has three baguettes across the top. If anyone has any info on the brand, it would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some pics for fun:

keeksey1.jpg

Keeksy

Rough_Rock
Here is the engraving. It took me the longest time to realize that the brand was "Lohengrin" since part of the "L" was cut off. I kept thinking it was "Schengrin"!
19.gif
Who knew!

keeksey2.jpg

Keeksy

Rough_Rock
One last picture!

keeksey4.jpg

lisamarie84

Shiny_Rock
I just purchased a beautiful 18k Lohengrin floral band on ebay for a steal! Not sure if I'm going to use it for my wedding band yet, but it's definitely a keeper :)

I believe it was made in the early 1900's, but if anyone has any other information on it (or knows where to look for info) I'd definitely appreciate it! :bigsmile:

lohengrin1.jpg
lohengrin2.jpg
lohengrin4.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Lisamarie84, I'd bet '40s on your band too- that orange blossom motif was really popular then, though it may be as old as '30s since it's white metal. But '40s is my guess. It is virtually identical to a WWII era palladium one that a dealer at the antique mall I work at has in a showcase (too bad it's ginormous or I would buy it, but it swims on my thumb even :sick: ).

I'd bet the baguette one is early '50s, but that one's tougher to date since it is a very, very classic design that began to be popular in the late '20s early '30s, however. And that the O.P.'s is mid to late '40s, since it is yellow gold with the orange blossom motif.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results