shape
carat
color
clarity

Screw-back earring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
When you insert them through the hole in your ear do you just push them straight through or do you rotate them to literally screw them into your ear?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Depends on what you''re comfortable with, I''ve seen lots of clients just push them through their ears, but Valerie prefers to screw them in. However awhile back we switched out her screw back posts for a set of the posts with locking nuts and she loves those!

Note: it is important not to steam clean or submerge the locking backs in any kind of liquid! It will kill the springs inside the locking nut and kill the mechanism - so she just wipes the backs down with a cotton pad and a little rubbing alcohol.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:50:36 PM
Author:Moh 10
When you insert them through the hole in your ear do you just push them straight through or do you rotate them to literally screw them into your ear?
You''re suppose to just push the earring through your hole just as any other earring. My ears are at NOT sensitive, yet, when I put my screw backs in, my lobes were pink for about a week. You have to maintain a bit of "pain is gain" mentality when purchasing screwback stud earrings.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I have screw back posts on my diamond studs... You just push them through and the backing locks on, and requires you to "screw" the backing off in order to take them out.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I like screw-backs, but they can be a major pain to take off (I guess that is the point). I just pop them into my earring hole, and the push the backing in and screw it a little. But to take it off, you must also unscrew the WHOLE thing.
14.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a set of screw on earrings, I dont like them, I have tried pushing and "screwing" them in my ears and they just hurt my ears either way, its a shame to because they are very pretty, very old earring with pretty garnets, one day I will have to take them in and have the post changed.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Though still new to PS, I''m a long time jewelry lover. I''ve had my screwback studs for 21 years now. Even so , I do remember that it took a while to get used to my screwbacks. They are thicker and thanks to the screw threading, need to be pushed through harder than regular posts. Kind of like when my ears were newly pierced, and I had to get used to putting in any earring, I needed some time to get used to that. Since I wear my studs 5-6 times a week, I think I got used to the "push" and having to take a moment to twist the screws. I don''t think about it now, and it''s worth it. I lose everything, but haven''t lost a stud yet (fingers mentally crossed as I type that!)

btw, I''ve never twisted them into the ear.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guyz and galz.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
23.gif

The mental image I just got of screwing in earrings was not a good one.

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Well slowly screwing them into a tight hole would seem to hurt less than shoving all those threads through.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:59:50 PM
Author: Moh 10
Well slowly screwing them into a tight hole would seem to hurt less than shoving all those threads through.
23.gif

But. But. Your ear isn''t threaded.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results