shape
carat
color
clarity

will this ring''s 1.25 mm thickness look too femine for FI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

civictypesi

Shiny_Rock
it's a 8mm Platinum Comfort Fit Flat Wedding Band Ring 1.25mm Thick. it's for $900 at dj jewelry

he's a ring size 7, if that makes any difference. traditionally, how thick are men's wedding rings? we don't want it thin where it'd look feminine but the 1.25 mm thickness bands are about $400 cheaper compared to the 2 mm thick bands.

i know it doensn't look that feminine/dainty/cheap in the pictures but that could be because of the zoomed in effect - has anybody ever seen 1.25 mm thick bands before?

we went w/ the 8 mm over 6 mm to avoid the dainty look ;P the 1.25 may be a good option because it is lighter (FI doesn't like to wear rings)

8mmwide_125mmthick.jpg

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Have you thought about going to a local jeweler and trying some stuff on to see different thicknesses? I know that''s what I''ll probably do before buying a w-ring online.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I really don''t think that the thickness of the metal will affect the look *at all* - it''s the width that catches the eye. Thickness is more of a durability issue ....

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the width is really the main factor here, and 8mm is plenty wide.

I wish I could help on the long term durability factor, but my 1.3 mm thick wedding band is only 2mm wide, and it''s been exceedingly well worn, and is still round, albeit with some scratches and dings.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8mm is plenty wide, so it won''t look dainty-too feminine as you are concerned with, even 6mm looks very substantial, my boss wears only a 4mm if that, if he doesn''t like to wear jewelry then the thinner 1.25 maybe the better fit for him. you also stated that its a Flat band, sometimes the side gets uncomfortable if too thick on flat bands ( I have had flat and domed, and myflat ering band is a bit uncomfortable I think, jmho) , vs domed , kwim? but best bet is trying them on in person.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2009 11:57:53 AM
Author: Circe
I really don''t think that the thickness of the metal will affect the look *at all* - it''s the width that catches the eye. Thickness is more of a durability issue ....
Agreed, I doubt that you will really notice.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Yep.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d find out what the alloy is. A plain wide flat band like that is really going to show scratches. I''d definitely want it to be 950 platinum and ruthenium which is more durable than 950 plat/iridium.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I agree I don''t think there is anything feminine about it
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree. DH''s ring has a low profile but it is 6 mm. Now if it was 1.25 mm WIDE then I would have a different answer.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2009 2:05:35 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

I agree. DH''s ring has a low profile but it is 6 mm. Now if it was 1.25 mm WIDE then I would have a different answer.
Yep, +1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results