carat
color
clarity

11 Wedding Superstitions & Traaditions Explained

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting!

We're not superstitious but will be doing a couple of things for other reasons than those in the article.

I'll be wearing blue shoes and a sapphire necklace because I LOVE sapphires and FI's desire for a color other than just purple at the wedding made for a great excuse when I found the necklace :bigsmile:

I'll have a veil because it is Jewish custom dating way back to Rahel & Leah in the Torah. (no marrying the wrong bride by mistake!)

Other than that, we won't really be doing any of the customs.

ETA -- Oh! And FI will break a wine glass because it is also a Jewish custom.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Super interesting read! I'd also never heard of several including the knives, spiders, nuns/monks...fun!

We are not superstitious but are doing some of these things for fun.

I will have a something old/new/borrowed blue but I'm not wearing a veil and we're not avoiding each other before the ceremony. We'll spend the night together and get ready together on the day of. FI calls me future Mrs. HisLastName all the time, but I guess that's not the same as actually using his name prior to the day of.

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Interesting read!

I especially liked the "no more tears will come after you're married" line. YEAH right! Let's be honest now...! I love SO but I'm sure he's bound to hurt my feelings at some point during our lifetime together... even if it's not intentional.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results