shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing a Bridesmaid''s Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Originally I was going to have 5 bridesmaids in my wedding. I found two dress that I really liked. They are both the same color and material, but one is longer than the other and one has straps. I told my bridesmaids to pick which one they wanted to wear. Two picked one style and three picked the other. Well I found out the other day that one of the girls can't be in my wedding since she is pregnant and her due date is the week before my wedding (which is in Bermuda). Well she is the girl that picked the dress along with only one other. Now I will have 3 girls in the same dress and 1 girl in diffferent one. I would rather have them all match at this point, since that girl isnt my MOH. Do think I should ask her to change her dress? They are both from David's Bridal and I can exchange them (I paid for the dresses).
Here is pictures of the dress. The top one is the one that the three girls are wearing.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-ordered-my-bridesmaids-dresses.96503/

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
Personally I think that it would be unkind to ask her to change her dress if she was paying for it after having offered that as an option....but really if you are paying for the dress then I see nothing wrong with it unless she is very self concious in the particular style of dress for body issue reasons etc. I also think that if you explain the situation just like you did here that she would likely understand. And if I saw one bridesmaid in a different dress I would assume that they were the MOH.

:) Alice

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Talk to her about it, but I really don''t see the stress in changing her dress, I am sure she would understand.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I would ask her what she thinks. She probably wouldn''t want to be the only one wearing a dress and wouldn''t mind changing (she didn''t hate the first dress, did she?)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Since you paid for the dress and it's exchangeable, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask her to change it. She may be a little disappointed, but if it were me, I'd do it for a good friend in a heartbeat. Explain the situation to her...I think as long as she knows it's because of the 3 and 1 issue, she should understand, because I think most ladies agree that 3/1 is awkward unless the 1 is the MOH.

ETA: Saw the first dress, and I think it has a really broad appeal, and it's not like you're asking her to wear something uncomfortably form-fitted or revealing. Hopefully she'll be amenable to it!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful dress and I have to agree .... if you paid, it''s worth inquiring with your bridesmaid, out of consideration, if she would mind if you returned it and she wore the other dress because this would be your preference.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:45:24 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Since you paid for the dress and it''s exchangeable, I don''t think it''s unreasonable to ask her to change it. She may be a little disappointed, but if it were me, I''d do it for a good friend in a heartbeat. Explain the situation to her...I think as long as she knows it''s because of the 3 and 1 issue, she should understand, because I think most ladies agree that 3/1 is awkward unless the 1 is the MOH.

ETA: Saw the first dress, and I think it has a really broad appeal, and it''s not like you''re asking her to wear something uncomfortably form-fitted or revealing. Hopefully she''ll be amenable to it!

Ditto, I wouldn''t be upset either :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you paid, then I don''t think that there''s any problems asking her to change it. If she paid however I don''t think that you should ask her to change it as she was given a choice in the first place. Talk to her about it though-she mightn''t mind either way.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your responses! I spoke with her last night and she said she didn''t have a problem changing the dress. She said that is was tight in the leg area so she will order it in a bigger size.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results