shape
carat
color
clarity

100 hours later, my DIY invites are done

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
my invites are done!!! =) so, i thought i'd share them with you all. i designed them myself using this fancy program--ms publisher (of course, they're only text so it's ok). i actually got "inspired" by miss gloss's invites on weddingbee.com. (the madlibs is directly from her invite.) i lined the envelopes with wrapping paper and addressed them with my best handwriting. stamped our return address on the envelope & rsvp envelope. then i had them printed at office depot, cut them to size myself & assembled them.

here's a list of everything i used & prices just FYI
paper: classic crest smooth cover 110lb in solar white from http://www.paperplus.com/ 250 sheets/$40 (and i have lots left over)
envelopes: black A7 & A2 from http://www.envelopemall.com/default.aspx 100 each/$10 each, total w/shipping $30
envelope liner: wrapping paper from target $3
ribbon: 7/8" b&w striped grosgrain ribbon from ebay seller twice-as-nice-ribbons http://shop.ebay.com/twice-as-nice-ribbons/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg= 30 yards/$20 w/shipping
return addr stamp & stamp pad: from etsy seller lovetocreatestamps http://www.etsy.com/shop/lovetocreatestamps $30 for both incl shipping
TOTAL: $123 for 100 invites (and i have enough cardstock for all other paper project for wedding)

here's some pics (oh & don't stalk me ;)) i didn't blur out our first names or the when/where of our wedding...if you do stalk me, please bring a kick ass gift)

envlulu.jpg
insideenvylulu.jpg
luluswirlyinvite.jpg

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely adore these invitations! They are really beautiful. You did such a great job!

ETA: I was so excited when I saw the pics that I didn't read what you wrote. $123 for 100 invitations...amazing! That must feel so good :appl:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
oh, i forgot printing costs (mostly b/c there weren't many)...again, printed at office depot. i think it was $.08/sheet. i printed 2 invites per sheet & 4 rsvp/notes per sheet. total cost for printing, $10. so, that brings the total up to $133 for 100 invites.

and thanks for the compliment, should be studying. i was pleased with how they turned out.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Still, $133 is great. I was just looking at invitations today, and almost had a heart attack when I saw $720 for $100. And yours are way cuter...I love the polka-dots on the inside of the envelope. They are really fun, but still so classy.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Bravo!! Awesome job on the invitations! What a great look for such an affordable price!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING! They really look fantastic and I like the touch of fun you added with the ad lib

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Utterly adorable!!!!!! Great job!!!!!!!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Those came out great lulu! I absolutely love your envelope lining too...it's so cute!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Love them! :appl:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone!

the liner was a happy accident. i saw polka dot wrapping paper for $3, thought "i love polka dots; that could be cute w/our b&w invites. for 3 bucks, i'm gonna try it & see." but it really did add the pop of fun i was looking for with these.

and clair, thank you for your help with the paper choices. talking it through with you helped me be confident in my purchase & happy with my choice!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're adorable! And did you really send President and Mrs. Obama an invite? If so that is awesome! And if you're personal friends, tell them I said hey! :cheeky:

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2 said:
They're adorable! And did you really send President and Mrs. Obama an invite? If so that is awesome! And if you're personal friends, tell them I said hey! :cheeky:

yes, we did send them an invite! they're not our personal friends but supposedly if you send them an invite you get a congratulatory letter in the mail. i thought it would be cool to have "congrats" from the prez!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
lulu66 said:
thing2of2 said:

yes, we did send them an invite! they're not our personal friends but supposedly if you send them an invite you get a congratulatory letter in the mail. i thought it would be cool to have "congrats" from the prez!

That is AWESOME, lulu! Your invitations are absolutely adorable! I hope you get a congratulatory note from the Prez and Missuz...and if you do, PLEASE let us know! Because if you get one...I want to send them an invitation to *MY* wedding!!! :D

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!! So adorable! I love the madlibs.

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
oh, super cute :)

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
thank you, again everyone for the sweet words. they went to the post office yesterday afternoon & today i think i'm suffering from separation anxiety. i don't know what to do...no invites to address, cut, tie, glue, stamp, stuff, lick. i need a new project asap. oh, yeah, i guess i could finish up my veil. :tongue: :tongue:

These are awesome! My sister and I will be doing my invites ourselves, so I'm glad to see yours turned out so well!

calamityJJJ

Rough_Rock
They are lovely! I am also making my own invites.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
They turned out great!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results