shape
carat
color
clarity

10 ctw diamond bracelet from Whiteflash

anik7648

Rough_Rock
All

I have been following threads on tennis bracelets for months and have finally landed on what I want:

- 10 ctw, each diamond of 0.3-0.34 ct
- From Whiteflash
- ACA quality
- need to decide on 14k white gold or platinum

I have reached out to Whiteflash and waiting to hear from them. Meanwhile would love to find out
Roughly how much should 10 ctw bracelet in 14k white gold cost - ACA from Whiteflash or similar quality from Brian Gavin or HPD
For bracelet like this would you suggest white gold or platinum

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a couple of people here who have one. I can't guess the price but you can look up the price of the stones with the specs you want and then add a few thousand extra for the setting and get an idea.

This one has 34 ACAs, .30-.32 cts each, 7" total length, in platinum. This is a three prong setting. Most 4 prong settings have the stones set closer so you'd need more than 34 stones. I think this is a gorgeous size, and I'd definitely use platinum for a valuable, high quality piece like this.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are a couple of people here who have one. I can't guess the price but you can look up the price of the stones with the specs you want and then add a few thousand extra for the setting and get an idea.

This one has 34 ACAs, .30-.32 cts each, 7" total length, in platinum. This is a three prong setting. Most 4 prong settings have the stones set closer so you'd need more than 34 stones. I think this is a gorgeous size, and I'd definitely use platinum for a valuable, high quality piece like this.

Wowzers, that’s a very wearable 10cts! I think the 3 prong setting is perfect for that size stone as each looks distinct so you can really appreciate their size.

anik7648

Rough_Rock

Thank you. That bracelet from Kama actually was the inspiration.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the bracelet!

DK :))

Dvsmom

Rough_Rock
Trade
I just priced this out from whiteflash this week and my associate told me it starts at roughly 27k and goes up depending. I have their 5 carat tennis bracelet and am kicking myself for not doing the 7 carat way back. I opted to design earrings instead cause my husband vetoed it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at G VS, and at around $775 average for 34 stones, that would be $26,350. Then adding the platinum setting, I think one could assume the bracelet would be over $30,000.

An added cost of getting .30 and higher is that you are also paying for AGS grading for every stone. So for example, you could go with .25 ct stones and avoid that extra expense. I don't know the price on .25 G VS stones, but you'd likely need 35 for the same length 3 prong setting. That's personally what I'd do, because I wouldn't care to be paying something like an extra $3400 (not certain of the grading fee per stone, could be less) for paperwork that isn't needed for a bracelet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just priced this out from whiteflash this week and my associate told me it starts at roughly 27k and goes up depending. I have their 5 carat tennis bracelet and am kicking myself for not doing the 7 carat way back. I opted to design earrings instead cause my husband vetoed it.

Wow, I came really close to guessing, then! We posted at the same time!

anik7648

Rough_Rock
So I saw the following two on Whiteflash:

7.2 ctw x prong: 48 diamonds of 0.15 each : $12.5k
10 ctw half bezel : 42 diamonds of roughly 0.25

So if I am doing 10 ctw with larger size diamonds, that would make it more expensive. Plus the platinum upgrade.
So $27k+ feels like the right ballpark.

anik7648

Rough_Rock
I am sure there is variation in different mounts and no of diamonds can vary little bit but I found this 3 prong bracelet mount guide helpful. D06BFE6F-D53A-41FC-8EE0-3E3C790F0D7D.jpeg

Same size diamond in a 4 prong setting will need 5 more diamonds, making the weight 12 carats.
1AF17ACD-12E9-4E83-B07A-D79AD1385833.jpeg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm currently working my way towards an ACA tennis bracelet with .33-.35 ct diamonds.

The price depends on many different factors.

One factor is what length bracelet you need. Different lengths equal different amounts of diamonds. I'm petit so I need a smaller than average length. Mine will be 6 1/4." My sales associate has calculated that I need 27-28 .33 diamonds. The average sized bracelet of 7" needs 31-32 diamonds.

The next factor is style of setting. The above # of diamonds is based on a 3 prong design which holds the diamonds further apart (so you need fewer diamonds.) If you use a 4 prong (which is slightly more secure) you will need more diamonds because the diamonds are closer together.

Another factor is the color and clarity of the individual diamonds. You didn't state what you wanted. These stats can significantly affect the overall price.

The color and clarity you select is a highly individual choice. People will say "you don't need X or Y." The truth is that no one is in your shoes, no one else can tell you what you need or don't need. Only YOU can say, based on both your preferences and unique eye what will and won't work for you.

Good luck!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Here is the thread on my D VVS .33 - .35 ct tennis bracelet project:

anik7648

Rough_Rock
So I spoke to Whiteflash and as we all discussed here, the bracelet will be $27k-$29k.

Also originally I thought I would go for 3 prong but I actually like the look of 4 prong more, even though it would need more diamonds

As an aside, none of the bracelets sold by online and offline jewelers use GIA certified diamonds, even for 10 carat bracelets. Argument is it costs too much. GIA dossier reports for 32 diamonds of 0.3 c each will cost $1280. If you are spending that much on a bracelet, seems worth it to me.

C5BD821B-B682-42CA-B625-BC416E183EC2.jpeg
34DDC10C-4EDE-49AA-9514-DC2C8D1999D7.jpeg

anik7648

Rough_Rock
I should mention that the image of 3 prong bracelet is from @kama_s. I hope she doesn’t mind me posting here (in hindsight I should have checked with her).

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I completely agree with you that if a person is buying a $30K bracelet, then it is well worth it to spend the extra $1200 for the peace of mind of having all the diamonds be lab graded ones. (At least it is for me!)

Looks like you are going to have an amazing bracelet. Keep us updated!

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
The Graff one is nice. I also really like the Tiffany’s and Boodles ones with little design details on/near the clasp.

@RunningwithScissors I love your idea of collecting stones for your bracelet bit by bit :) Great way to turn lots of smaller presents into something more meaningful.

anik7648

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for inputs. I think I am going to go with Graff/ 4 prong design. For 6.5” bracelet that should be roughly 37 diamonds.
I am also probably going to go for GIA diamonds instead of Whiteflash. I am able to access those at close to wholesale prices. I did rough pricing and I should be able to create 0.3 carat/ 11 cttw/ F - VS1/VS2 / GIA Triple ex/ HCA < 2, Platinum bracelet for < $25k.

It probably would take me 6 months to get there but I will keep you all posted.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting @anik7648, please remember to update us on the progress, it’s gonna be an exciting journey surely =)
I am so tempted to start looking for 15 diamonds of similar specs to make into a half eternity oval shaped bangle (one of my forever wishes) :razz:

anik7648

Rough_Rock
So I saw 0.3 carat/ 12 cttw bracelet at Graff today

- I feel uneasy even saying this but I had imagined it to look bigger. I guess all those images are so zoomed in

- I don’t know if it was the 4 prong setting or the size of the diamonds or the way the whole thing was arranged, but diamonds were almost too close to each other and that made the shape of each individual diamond to become less clear and the whole thing was feeling like one continuous line

I need to see if I can find a 3 prong bracelet somewhere here in NYC.
As an aside who shops at stores like Graff. This bracelet was $90000 :-o. That’s almost 2.5-3x the price of the best online bracelet one could buy of same specs (F/ G and VS).

anik7648

Rough_Rock
Just a fun fact - I think Graff has more high end stuff than any other store I have been to. They had 12 cttw round bracelet, 16 cttw heart bracelet and 22 cttw round bracelet (.7-.79 each ).

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
It is just a matter of personal preference eg.many like each diamonds in their bracelets be prominently seen (3-prong) while some like myself prefer a continuous line of shine (4-prong). If your ultimate choice is the former, you might want to take a look at 4-prong with the look of 3-prong.
Fellow PSer @cflutist has at least 2 beautiful bracelets in this said settling :love:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just a fun fact - I think Graff has more high end stuff than any other store I have been to. They had 12 cttw round bracelet, 16 cttw heart bracelet and 22 cttw round bracelet (.7-.79 each ).

Oh gosh, alert @Polabowla about that 16 ctw heart bracelet! She's going to swoon when she hears about it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It is just a matter of personal preference eg.many like each diamonds in their bracelets be prominently seen (3-prong) while some like myself prefer a continuous line of shine (4-prong). If your ultimate choice is the former, you might want to take a look at 4-prong with the look of 3-prong.
Fellow PSer @cflutist has at least 2 beautiful bracelets in this said settling :love:

Yes, @cflutist has incredible tennis bracelets!

You must see hers. She is an inspiration to many of us dreaming of bracelets!

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: i love this!! Are there other vendors selling this?

I don’t know of any but I’m sure some of them would be willing to work with you for a custom project along these lines. Would probably get a bit pricey though. Depending on the size you go for, I guess!

I will say though that I have seen this sort of design before a few times in jewelry stores and the like, so it’s not like it’s impossible to find, just hard. All the stores were in India though so I don’t know if it’s just a popular design there or whether it’s available everywhere and I just haven’t looked since I only really browse when I’m back in India :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results